Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scope suggestions for CZ-452 trainer please

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    What do you have on your other rifles?

You say its a "trainer" so the purpose would be to get trigger time in that helps you when you go to your bigger rifles.

So if you have mil/mil/ffp on your other rifles, put one on this. If mil/moa/sfp... then go that route. If you are changing methods, then its good to start on a rimfire with whatever new system you are using so you can get lots of trigger time in.
    Actually, at this point in time, this is the most modern rifle that I posses. The rest are from WWII.

So when I say it's a trainer, it's more in the general sense of rifle shooting/marksmanship.

I won't do this right away, but I think I shall save for the nicest Leupold, the 9x33 EFR and those Warne mounts. Buy once cry once and all that...

Juice, I probably won't get into that right now, but thanks for the heads up, man. At least it's nice to know that they make stocks like that for these guns.

OK, here is another noob question for everyone:

My CZ comes with permanent factory irons. Will those get in the way of the scopes FOV?

Feedback Score
    Yes and no.

The front site blade will be visible through the scope from 1x-3x, but will diminish after you get to 4x and more magnification.
    After 4x, you won't see it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    OK, here is another noob question for everyone:

My CZ comes with permanent factory irons. Will those get in the way of the scopes FOV?
    I highly doubt it. Even on low settings (1-4 power). I wouldnt think they are tall enough to get in the way, but it wont matter if you go with a 3-9x scope (you cant even see an AR fsp on higher mag settings)

Feedback Score
    Not to appear argumentative, but you will see the front site at lower powers than 4x, if I recall correctly.
    My CZ had a 2-7x Weaver and it show a shadow of the front site until I cranked it to 4x and above.

You can pull the blade off, but the "bump" on the end of the barrel will still show.
    Last edited by cheaptrick; 07-28-11 at 10:27.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123