Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier Reticles 1.1-8 (UPDATE pg. 3, Oct 21)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I'm still waiting on my mount to come.
    I didn't feel good with ordering the mount before I could compare it's dimensions against mounts and optics I had on hand, and I couldn't use any of the mounts I already own as they are all 30mm and the PR is 34mm.

Believe me, I'm chomping at the bit too.
    DUDE!!! I got mine in also, and i couldnt agree more with you initial review. if you dont mind me asking, what are you using for a mount? I taught about a Larue but i think that i am going to get a ADM mount.

Looey
    ACADEMI Firearms, Tactics and Driving Instructor
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT part-time armorer
    certified HK/BUSHMASTER armorer
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    and the 34mm tube looks robust enough to be used as a breaching device.

sorry to hijack but does anyone offer an off the shelf 34mm lapping tool for those monster rings?? Had a call today and did a little looking but appears they may have to have one made from bar stock.

thanks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I got to fondle my first Premier and was impressed with the glass...it was higher magnification but liked the zero stop / knob adjustment set up better than the NF. I was informed that they are getting their lenses from the same supplier as S&B but will say again that is hearsay.

I hope he does well & was not even aware the son continued the biz to this extent after his father passed away. I have a vintage 6.5-20 leupy bumped to 18-40 on my 6BR
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Bad news, the LaRue SPR is too long to fit between the erector housing and the occular bell by about 4 mm.
    Guess it's off to the SPR-E.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I'm surprised that PR didn't work with Larue or ADM to make a custom mount. With that odd form factor, it would be a good move, I think.

Love my PR 3-15. Looking forward to hearing both of your reviews.

I feel like the only one on M4C that hasn't been offered a 1-8 for trial testing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Can't wait to hear the review. Of all the 1-8x I saw at SHOT, the Premier was the only one that made me say "WOW!" I was slightly disappointed with the S&B and hugely disappointed with the Leupold.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I feel like the only one on M4C that hasn't been offered a 1-8 for trial testing.
    Sorry if I gave the impression that this was given to me.
    I bought it out of pocket because I was interested in it and wanted one. I am writing the review only because it is a new product, very expensive, difficult to get ahold of, and a bit of interest.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bad news, the LaRue SPR is too long to fit between the erector housing and the occular bell by about 4 mm.
    Guess it's off to the SPR-E.

F2S, I'm not exactly sure what you from your description. Do you mean the measurement from inside ring to inside ring on the SPR isn't wide enough? If so, is the SPR-E wider? I thought it was the same size, just cantilevered further forward.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any new updates?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"No one is more hopelessly enslaved, than the person who falsely believes he is free."
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    F2S, I'm not exactly sure what you from your description. Do you mean the measurement from inside ring to inside ring on the SPR isn't wide enough? If so, is the SPR-E wider? I thought it was the same size, just cantilevered further forward.
    Putting the SPR mount fore/aft of the erector might put the whole scope too far backwards to get proper eye relief on the receiver. It might require mounting it on the handguards and receiver, something I have heard is frowned upon, although have no experience with myself.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Does anyone know if there is a technical reason or advantage to how far forward they place the erector assembly?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast