Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $299 G22s

Feedback Score

$299 G22s

OMB Express is selling used 2d Gen G22s for $299. Price is great -- should I have any qualms about picking one up? More broadly, are there any issues specific to 2d Gen G22s I should be concerned about?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had a lightly used one two years now, no problems. That is a great price if it's in decent shape.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    not a huge fan of glocks in 40 cal, but they're workable, and at that price it's kind of a no-brainer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintHall View Post
    OMB Express is selling used 2d Gen G22s for $299. Price is great -- should I have any qualms about picking one up? More broadly, are there any issues specific to 2d Gen G22s I should be concerned about?
    They should not be expected to take the 10's of thousands of rounds a 9mm will take. But beyond that, go for it.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    I have had a few police trade in pistols, including a couple of G22s. Expect lots of finish wear but little mechanical wear. Good price, buy it with confidence.

Feedback Score
    ^ ya, what he said. I've owned a few .40 Glocks and couldn't be happier with them. My G22 in particular has stood up to thousands of rounds and brutal conditions in training over the years. It's showing wear but in my opinion, that's what makes a firearm beautiful... WEAR!
    -RagweedZulu
    "Always remember those who've died. Never forget those who killed them."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I picked up a Police trade In Glock Model-22 that CDNN had on sale three years back for $319.00 with three 15rd magazines, Night sights and free shipping to your FFL. I could not believe the perfect condition (Looked like a brand new pistol) the pistol was in when it arrived at my FFL.

On inspection the only very minor wear I could detect was on the barrel from firing maybe a few hundred rounds if that.

The only thing I was not happy about was the night sights were dull but once I called CDNN they offered to send a replacement set which would be used but inspected before it left their location. What I received was a new set in the box and when I called CDNN they told me my sights were up-graded as they could not find acceptable used sights in inventory.

I would ask if OMB Express has a hand-select option for a few dollars more and ask to speak to a manger to express your desire for a decent condition pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintHall View Post
    On the Gen 2 .40s you would see "bump marks" on inside of the slide from contact with locking block during firing. It was/is a non-issue, but some folks were concerned about it. I've read that newer variants relieved this portion of the slide and it is now less visible. It progresses to a certain point and then stops. No other issues I'm aware of. My 15 yr old gen 2 has never malfunctioned or had any issues.

Feedback Score
    I also have a LE trade in G22 Gen2 that turned out fine. It does have slide peening like brushy bill described but it doesn't affect operation. The night sights still have plenty of life in them.
    US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are some still available?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast