Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Proper Wear of Armor (with anatomical diagrams)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I’ll try. I’m about out of room though. Do they just make these things for fat asses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a Shellback Banshee, almost the same as your model. Shoulder straps are identical.

I have a pretty short torso, and those shoulder straps are VERY adjustable. Those pads, the middle part, can overlap the other sections. Gotta play with it some, but they can be made super short.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I have a Shellback Banshee, almost the same as your model. Shoulder straps are identical.

I have a pretty short torso, and those shoulder straps are VERY adjustable. Those pads, the middle part, can overlap the other sections. Gotta play with it some, but they can be made super short.
    Ok great. That’s really good to hear. I’ll get to playing with it. I might need to take the passing piece out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, you can take that middle part out altogether, if need be.

What I did with mine is, it's stuffed down into the front area, around the fastex buckle in the front. Did this to retain that little bit of extra padding they provide.

I've got my straps very short, at about 10 inches.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for this informational thread. I must say this applies to soft panels for concealable duty armor too since your gut can survive hits much better than your high chest area.

Feedback Score
    Stumbled across your post years ago and never remembered where I saw it. It was as useful then as it is today. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
    Last edited by AOTAC; 06-02-21 at 18:06. Reason: backround

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AOTAC View Post
    Stumbled across your post years ago and never remembered where I saw it. It was as useful then as it is today. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
    Glad to help.

On a related note, I do appreciate credit if my images or verbiage is used. There are a couple of plate carrier manufacturers that have straight up plagerised me with not credit.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    I clicked the link to your .pdf Panzerr, and I get 404 bad gateway. Has the site been taken down, server maintenance, or has this information been moved? I would like to read it, plus if acceptable and possible save it to my ebooks, for future purposes, of which I will not be copying it, promulgating it, or sharing it in any way, and as always credit due where it belongs. Also thanks for taking the time to create this thread.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    There is something wrong with the server. Message me your email address and I'll send it to you.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    There is something wrong with the server. Message me your email address and I'll send it to you.
    Done and sent, thank you for your help!
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112