Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Strategic D3 Belt

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Haley Strategic D3 Belt

Looks like a good modular belt system. Thoughts or experiences? Pricey, but looks built to last:

https://haleystrategic.com/products/d3belt/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The storage of the extra slack is about the only novel thing. In the era of Tegris and advanced materials, “custom webbing” means what exactly?
    Last edited by ggammell; 07-30-22 at 17:00.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    While obviously not top-tier, Condor has been storing the excess webbing on the inside with Velcro for a few years now, so that’s not even that novel. In theory, Haley’s stitching will be better…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    While obviously not top-tier, Condor has been storing the excess webbing on the inside with Velcro for a few years now, so that’s not even that novel. In theory, Haley’s stitching will be better…
    As I don't have anything like that, gonna give it a try with the add ons I think make sense for me as non LE/mil. So, no frag grenade pouches and such...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I typically end of thinking “juice isn’t worth the squeeze” with HSP items, but out of that video…. I actually like the inner belt design. Still going to be thick around the waist, but I like the sewn/rolled edges.
    Will, if you like the outer belt but want to try a different inner belt, AWS allows you to buy 2” and 1.5” inner belts for under $25.

Edit:

The whole Velcro storage approach is also available here (https://esstac.com/enhanced-shooters-belt-1-75/), with adjustability on both sides of the buckle for a known high-quality product at $110. I’m not ditching my RDR’s, but if I need another belt, I’ll get the Enhanced version from Esstac. I have their original belt.
    And, as far as mag pouches go, Esstac seems to be the go-to for anything that doesn’t need a flap over it.

Then to address the 2” topic: What he says makes sense, but in my experience, using 1”Velcro one-wrap is more than sufficient, possibly better, and certainly cheaper.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 08-07-22 at 06:46.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    It looks... "okay". Kinda like the rest of their "new" product line.
    I appreciate them trying to get a better proper fit with the webbing for MOLLE pouches.
    The rest....looks like any other of the 101 velcro inner/out belt systems on market.

It will be interesting to see how they hold up - HSP has had some issues in the past with poor sewing quality. Which sucks, cuz I really liked their placard...

Honestly, the only "interesting" molle belts I've seen come on market last several years are the GBRS tigris belt and the AttakPak Reaper Gun Belt.
    Outside that, I don't really see any reason not to just get the AWS LAB belt system, or the Esstac/Blue Alpha non-molle velcro systems.
    https://attackpak.com/product/reaper...37020574122148 Reaper
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoFqoo2ywg GBRS design concept vid

And, as far as mag pouches go, Esstac seems to be the go-to for anything that doesn’t need a flap over it.
    I am seriously digging Defense Mechanisms elastic pouches also - specifically the pistol mag pouches. Great with onewrap for overt belt use or EDC. Double mag pouch has enough space between mags to fit both mags without baseplates snagging on each other, unlike my previous fave, the BFG ten-speed belt pouch. Can also add bungee tabs to the DM pouches if needed.
    The DM rifle pouches are a tad bit tight at the bottom, and sometimes the sewing line there makes it impossible to seat the mag fully. Otherwise, also great pouches.
    The Emdom pistol mag open-top pouches are actually pretty good too, but only come in singles.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I typically end of thinking “juice isn’t worth the squeeze” with HSP items, but out of that video…. I actually like the inner belt design. Still going to be thick around the waist, but I like the sewn/rolled edges.
    Will, if you like the outer belt but want to try a different inner belt, AWS allows you to buy 2” and 1.5” inner belts for under $25.

Edit:

The whole Velcro storage approach is also available here (https://esstac.com/enhanced-shooters-belt-1-75/), with adjustability on both sides of the buckle for a known high-quality product at $110. I’m not ditching my RDR’s, but if I need another belt, I’ll get the Enhanced version from Esstac. I have their original belt.

Then to address the 2” topic: What he says makes sense, but in my experience, using 1”Velcro one-wrap is more than sufficient, possibly better, and certainly cheaper.
    Thanx for the info. Fit wise, showed up and a no go. My pants are all 33, a few 34, so I figured the small, 32-36 would work, it's not even close. I can't imagine I will be the person who experiences that. Anyway, looks very well made, but now need to exchange for medium...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sorry the fit didn’t work for you, hopefully a quick turnaround.

Jellybean, I really like Defense Mechanism’s sling, just got it a month or so ago. Wish I’d grabbed a couple pouches now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got to see a couple of the HSP belts in action with the instructors on the D5 carbine course I took last month, they seemed to be getting good use out of them. I was waiting on these to drop but got impatient and ordered the above mentioned Esstac enhanced shooters belt. So naturally HSP drops their belt on the day after mine arrives. My buddy waited and got one so we'll get to see them side by side.

I think I should have waited or opted for a belt with external molle/attachement. Looping things onto the belt reduces the amount of Velcro contact significantly, I'll have to see if this becomes an actual issue. I plan to ride this belt out, but I definitely have my eyes on HSP and GBRS belts if it actually doesn't work for me

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Not sure if it was on this site or on Reddit, but someone pointed out the AXL Eclipse. Definitely something I want to check out, and may need to revise my top suggestion that direction.

Sgt, do you use Onewrap? Seems like that keeps the Velcro connection.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast