Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Proper Wear of Armor (with anatomical diagrams)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thank you for this! I've had endless arguments from co-workers that I wear my armor 'too high' since the bottom of abdomen is exposed. I've long said I wear it to protect my heart and lungs, the most vital areas in the abdomen. I've even used the anatomical targets from RE Factor Tactical, which show people they are often aiming too low in training, to no avail!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Love threads like this. Nothing to practice, no drills to perfect. Just good info. All you need to do is read, inspect your gear, and correct as necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This post [Proper Wear of Armor (with anatomical diagrams)] sets off many warnings from my Anti-Virus software.

Apparently the website http://sixty-six.org has the problem (or also has the same problems), at least my Anti-Virus software says both have a virus problem.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ebh; 08-12-18 at 13:05. Reason: Trying to Delete This Post...No Luck...

Feedback Score
    So if I am looking at getting armor for a plate carrier (I currently have soft armor with a 5x7 level IV plate in it, looking to get my first plate carrier), do I need to start by sizing myself for the front and back plates, and then use that to size the carrier?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yes. Find out what size plates you need beofre you get yourself a carrier. Plate sizes can be found almost anywhere online, and will give you at lest an idea of what you may need.

Feedback Score
    Plate sizing was explained earlier in the thread.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Can I necrobump this thread?!

I’m starting to put together a PC and I need some help with the rear plate. Is there such a thing as a “rear plate” or are all the plates the same and you just put one in the front and one in the back? I’m sure I sound pretty ignorant here but I’m not sure how else to find out other than to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You have it right: you get two plates, put together one in back, one in front. If there’s front/back-specific models, I don’t know of them, but it could be out there.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score

Proper Wear of Armor (with anatomical diagrams)

Is that the right height? I just got it yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 11-14-20 at 22:39.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast