Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Wear of Armor (with anatomical diagrams)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    The plate is of no particular size, but it is of proper proportions. The diagram is only intended to show how high a plate needs to go.

I will be doing surface projections on a live subject and using a real plate to shed more light on the subject.

That would help a lot of folks, maybe various sized people and plates?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post

I do have a concern about this trend towards smaller plates. I do not like it and feel it is dangerous for those who have never been on the receiving end and think it is what "everyone is doing."
    You're not the only one noticing this. There are far too many people out there wearing an undersized plate and carrier that leaves far too much of the torso exposed for my taste.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 07-19-11 at 16:54.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A little confused. You said you photoshopped these images but they look to be the same ones DocGKR used here in one of his stickies in the Terminal Ballistic forum posted in '09: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19910

Had you made these for Dr. Roberts to use? Just curious.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    A little confused. You said you photoshopped these images but they look to be the same ones DocGKR used here in one of his stickies in the Terminal Ballistic forum posted in '09: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19910

Had you made these for Dr. Roberts to use? Just curious.
    No, I made these independently. I also posted them on lightfighter so it looks like Doc just added them to his thread here to expand on it. He probably doesn't know I posted them here as well.
    Last edited by panzerr; 07-19-11 at 18:17.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gotcha. Nice work btw.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    You mean I won't forget I'm wearing it and carrying a gun?
    When you hear an otherwise-intelligent adult say something as stupid as "...but it STILL feels like I'm wearing ARMOR....," you feel like your tilting at windmills.

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_2...titles_p32/#27
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Very cool illustration, I would rather have smaller plates and more mobility. But that is my personal preference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by asianhulk View Post
    Very cool illustration, I would rather have smaller plates and more mobility. But that is my personal preference.
    Please explain based on your experience. Large plates do not drastically decrease mobility.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I do not think that there is a trend towards smaller plates. It is more like people are finally getting smart on them and getting the correct size. The trend for Big Army was to get the largest plate that they could fit on a person. Even though I have never worn it my unit had to get the IOTV issue (still not sure about that one). I almost got in a fight with the retard CIVs that were working the issue point. I had to sand there to make sure that they were not issuing the wrong size to everyone. They were giving out the largest size that could to all of the people that came through. They gave one of my guys an XL plate and carrier. I had him sit down with it on and show the people there that he could not even move his head because the vest was on his legs and moved up past his chin. I got him a Medium. A good rule of thumb is that the plate (and the vest/carrier) should not be above the sternal notch and you should be able to put your finger in your navel when standing. The with should be about nipple line to nipple line. That is the proper fit for the plates. As far as people using smaller plate I have not seen it. I have seen people using the correct size more often now.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doc, let me clarify.

The trend towards smaller plates is with the civilians who have little or no experience with such things, like many folks here. They want plates for what ever personal reason, and think smaller will be better.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast