Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which is more accurate: M-14 or SVD Dragunov?

Feedback Score
    Do you remember what you were feeding the PSLs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll put my money with Dano...

I'm not a M14 fan at the best of times but none of the Drag and combloc clones I've gotten to handle in the last 20 years have had any sort of LR accuracy approaching 2MOA
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Interesting

Feedback Score
    Dano, I respect your knowledge and experience and mean no disrespect whatsoever. I would be very interested in your comments on the Eastern Bloc competition you fielded an SVD in. How did your team place? What did you think of the level of competition? Any comments you would like to make on this system would be very beneficial to all.

Feedback Score
    What distances did the Eastern Bloc guys shoot out to in the competition? Did you spank them?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Dave F. I really think you would do best to just quit arguing.

Another mod designed this diagram when speaking about a different member than you but I think this one fits.

| |
    | |
    | |
    | | gunwriter-------> o
    | |
    | | <------lane
    | |
    | |
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    There is some very interesting information here, rather more than I care to see on the internet. I also see two knowledgable people albeit from different sides of the fence.

Consider in the argument that quite correctly the majority of the Eastern Block equipment would not be the optimum nor would it be driven by the most skilled as Dano5326 has witnessed . Equally consider that given the build of the said equipment its performance would not degrade by any distinguishable amount (10%) over the time frame that the unit was intended to be fielded. The Soviets did not tend to screw up this type of analysis

In contrast a well worked M14, will as agreed beat out the SVD but how long will that unit prove servicable to that level and to where will it degrade.

I find the general assesment of the Eastern Block personel interesting. The levels of physical training are in line with what I would expect pre break up, as too is the technical training. What did you sense their mental conditioning was like and how much influence was the command structure in the correct operation of the individual combatant.

Intelligence is its own little freak show and small arms is a neglected backwoods.

Bill Alexander

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I think the Romanian PSL is a better gun, for the money. It's less finicky and more robust. In fact, the Romanians have the whole "doing more with less" thing down, when it comes to "improving" weapons systems.
    I think its time for me to get one.

What do you guys think is doable with a PSL with the right ammo and some upgraded optics?
    Last edited by KevinB; 01-11-08 at 08:22.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456