Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye protection FAIL - with pic

Feedback Score

Eye protection FAIL - with pic

I should let you know that but for the grace of God I'm able to write this topic. I Failed to wear the proper eye protection suitable for range shooting.

As a result of my poor choice (regular sunglasses), I now have a reminder of that mistake. As you can see, I came **thisclose** to losing my left eye to an ejected shell casing. Had the casing struck me vertical instead of horizontal, I'd be shopping for eye patch today.

Second degree burns on the skin heal quickly. On the cornea, it just blinds.

You are responsible for you own safety. Exercise that right.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll vouch for the importance of eyepro.... anyone who's had a good case of welders flash can attest to that...
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So did it fall behind your Glasses?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Damn bro, that's close. Ironically I sustained two eye injuries at work, and both times the debris entered underneath my Z87 rated safety glasses with side sheilds. Kinda makes you want to wear goggles doesn't it?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    The glasses were curved, just not curved enough past the eye socket.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    Damn bro, that's close. Ironically I sustained two eye injuries at work, and both times the debris entered underneath my Z87 rated safety glasses with side sheilds. Kinda makes you want to wear goggles doesn't it?
    Sure is funny how that happens isnt it. I have the same issue stuff is either droping down or shooting up. Goggles allways fog up to. I have had metal removed from my eye 2 times now.

On another note I got the same degree of burn on my noise from a cheese hotdog a month ago. There is no hope left
    Last edited by ICANHITHIMMAN; 07-17-11 at 21:15.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    that was close! Im an Oakley snob and have an old pair of Half Jackets with clear lenses. Ive had hot brass smack the lens more than once.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by obucina View Post
    that was close! Im an Oakley snob and have an old pair of Half Jackets with clear lenses. Ive had hot brass smack the lens more than once.
    I've always ran Oakley for my range glasses and they've never failed me.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I run Oakley Hybrid M-Frames, and love them for shooting, but noticed that when I'm edging in the yard with the weed-eater, I occasionally get stuff shooting up into the lenses and into my eyes...and there's not much of a gap from my face to the lenses. Unless you wear goggles (which comes with its own set of problems), you just can't protect everything...glad you're eye is good tho man, that could have been slightly unpleasant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast