Thread: Upstate/Mountains area

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Upstate/Mountains area

I'll be moving in mid August to the mountains, living near Cleveland, SC (landed a dream job). That's near Hendersonville and Brevard in NC and Easley, Traveler's Rest, and Greenville in SC. Who do we have up in the area? I know we have some Greenville area members of M4C. I know that Greenville Gun Club and Skip J range (Anderson) have decent shooting opportunities, and I know there is at least 1 indoor range in Greenville. Public outdoor ranges in the area? Do we have (or do we want to start) an area training group?
    Last edited by Avenger29; 07-19-11 at 18:00.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Congrats on the dream job, wish I could land mine... Haha... anyhow... I'm a stone's throw from ya. Spend a lotta time up there. I have hosted previous m4c meets and many other SMEs and IPs in the past when I lived in Ohio. I'm hoping to aquire some land soon so I can open another range. If you know some GOOD ranges that play by BIG BOY rules, I can make things happen. Also, might wanna add "upstate" to your thread title, bro. Anyhow, I'd love to meet ya and sling some lead... I know a few others who would, too.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm trying to find a good range up that way, but it's a fairly low priority until I can get familiar with the area and settled into the new job (right now I'm involved in moving and that's a big thing for me). Nearest two that I know about are SkipJ and Greenville Gun Club. I've never been to either while not shooting in a match, so I couldn't speak to the 'tude of the range, but I know member Hootiewho is involved at SkipJ with the carbine matches and teaching classes...

I'll have to put on a bbq and casual shoot sometime. It's going to be real nice in the fall up there.
    Last edited by Avenger29; 07-19-11 at 18:04.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah... TR and Cleveland area have great fishing, too. You aquire a lot of land yourself? If you need any help moving/lifting/carrying, don't hesitate to ask, bro. Welcome to the upstate!
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    Yeah... TR and Cleveland area have great fishing, too. You aquire a lot of land yourself? If you need any help moving/lifting/carrying, don't hesitate to ask, bro. Welcome to the upstate!
    No, I won't be owning land up there or anything like that. PM inbound on that. Thanks for the offer, but we've got everything under control as far as labor for moving (I actually don't have that much heavy/bulky stuff). I'm just trying to pack up stuff for storage and figure out what I actually need to take with me.