Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Classes

Feedback Score

Training Classes

Does anyone have a listing or something that names a bunch of places in Texas that provide training from basic shooting to tactical? My wife and I really want to take classes together, she not being the very experianced one and me wanting to get into shooting competitions. I usually cant find too many and I figure that Texas would be full of them
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - General George Patton

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azairman86 View Post
    Does anyone have a listing or something that names a bunch of places in Texas that provide training from basic shooting to tactical? My wife and I really want to take classes together, she not being the very experianced one and me wanting to get into shooting competitions. I usually cant find too many and I figure that Texas would be full of them
    tigervalley.com is a good place to start looking.

texascombatshooters.com

TCCI

They are out there googling is how I find most info or searching on this site.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    MAST Solutions is having a Shoothouse that is focused on home defense on the 30th if you are from the Houston area. Probably something both you and your wife could benefit from. I'll link the info.

Unfortunately there is no website right now, but it is in the works. They currently send out class announcements through email, so if you want to get on the list let me know.

Link: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=84433
    Last edited by Ironman8; 07-20-11 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Paul Howe of Combat Shooting and Tactics is an excellent instructor in Nacogdoches, TX

Feedback Score
    *MAST Solutions is having a Shoothouse that is focused on home defense on the 30th if you are from the Houston area. Probably something both you and your wife could benefit from. I'll link the info.

Unfortunately there is no website right now, but it is in the works. They currently send out class announcements through email, so if you want to get on the list let me know.*

Yeah that would be great to get the class announcements. I'm currently overseas so I wont be able to got to any for a little while
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - General George Patton

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I'll just post it here in case someone else wants to get the emails as well.

Email Matthew Brockmann at matthew@mastsolutions.com. He's the owner/head instructor and will put you on the email list to get class updates.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehopr View Post
    Paul Howe of Combat Shooting and Tactics is an excellent instructor in Nacogdoches, TX
    x2.

V/r
    Uglyguns

Feedback Score
    Might be helpful to know your location in TX. There is another thread in the TX section on DFW training you can check out.
    Last edited by rudy99; 07-20-11 at 15:29.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Feedback Score
    I'm actually stationed in Abilene but I'm willing to drive for a very good class
    - General George Patton

Feedback Score
    I'm actually stationed in Abilene but I'm willing to drive for a very good class
    Your closest bet may be Spartan Tactical near Jacksboro, TX. Based on his schedule, it seems like there aren't too many options "on site" as compared to his travel schedule for training.

Tiger Valley is another option south of DFW. I have no personal experience with them, but TJ Pilling, one of the instructors, seems to have a good reputation (particularly around rifle).

I've done rifle training at CSAT in Nacogdoches and pistol training at TDSA south of Dallas. Enough good info can certainly be found on CSAT. TDSA's website sucks and you pretty much need to email Len to get any schedule for classes. TDSA is really focused on shooting fundamentals. CSAT will have a bit more focus on basic tactics.
    I've got a bunch of survival guides on my Kindle, so I'm ready for an EMP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast