Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M408 pics

Feedback Score

M408 pics

check these photos out of the m408

Feedback Score
    What kind of accuracy are you seeing out of it?
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Outstanding! Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice! Show us some groups?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would like to see some videos, more pics, groups, anything

Feedback Score
    Man, are you rich?! I have considered taking more extra jobs just so I can afford that rifle. Even then would need a few more extra jobs after that for the ammo. PLease do let us know how it performs.

Feedback Score
    This thread is going like most 408 threads.

Lots of pictures, no accuracy reports. I can only assume it is because of what I know about 408's and their pedigree. They are finicky to reload for due to lackluster component selection and wide variations between component batches due to high expense of production and limited target audience which ends up with small runs of bullets/brass.

The knowledge required to shoot and maintain accuracy in one of these beastly rifles is attained through very hard work and considerable time and dedication... things that average men have in short supply these days.

On top of that, let's face it, the size of a checkbook you need to even do that kind of testing and load development as well as getting some quality trigger time in is substantial. $6 per round if you want the good bullets? Ouchy.

Not saying that is the case here, but this hit and run "lookie what I got" thread is all too often as a result of any or all of the above. It's too bad these guys are so expensive to own and shoot, otherwise more people would have them and it would spawn more companies to work with them.

When they are brought together with a good load, and an expert shooter, they really can put on a show. Although I've never seen it happen in person, just in video's. There is always some excuse such as weather, optics, shooter, ammo, powder, bullets, primers, or star alignment.

I don't seem to see that same thing happen with 30 cal and 338LM shooters. They tend to be able to put money where their mouth is when it counts. This is what trigger time and being able to afford to do so does for you I think.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    From looking at the pictures it seems like the owner has plenty of ammo to go with it. May be the rifle doesnt even belong to the OP and hes just pulling a publicity stunt.

The system seems well thought out and the same goes for the ammo, but like the above poster said at $11,000 for the rifle and $6+ per round, if you can find it, which is why you wont get many range reports. If I had 10g's laying around I think I would still opt for an M107 may be an M107A1. There will be plenty of .50 cal ammo to go around for a while.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    From looking at the pictures it seems like the owner has plenty of ammo to go with it.
    Which may or may not shoot accurately in that rifle. I would LOVE to know one way or the other, by having the OP lay it out for us.

When I get done working with my 338LM and making the most out of it, I'll be stepping up to a 375CT or something of its pedigree to extend my range, so I am genuinely interested in the long range boomers.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    I have one of the original M200 EDM/Cheytac guns and it is very accurate. I have shot it out to 2900 yards (and connected on targets) it very expensive to shoot so I rarely shoot it under 1500 yards unless I'm just sighting in. They are allot of fun. (especially with a suppressor)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast