Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Dog .22 mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We ordered some of the Spikes barrels and their custom Ciener conversions. We also got a bunch of the new BD full mags. Initially we could not get the rounds to chamber as the feed ramp on the Ciener and the lip on the Spikes barrel were off and too steep. The rounds nose dived into the top of the barrel (no good).
    So we hand filed the two feed ramps so that they came together better. Next we polished the feed ramps and the chamber.
    The Ciener conversion is also VERY rough and gritty so we polished the rails that the bolt rides on (top and bottom).

We went back out and test fired the weapon (have about 300rds through it supressed) and it runs great!

If interested, we can build you an upper and sell you the mags. We will make sure everything is running before it leaves our shop.

C4

My .22 dedicated AR.

Handled, briefly, Grant's 22 build. Nice looking little blaster, funny looking without the can on it though

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was looking for some of these full size mags too. I have (I believe) an Olympic .22 kit. Does anyone know if that will or will not work with these new mags?

.22 is filthy as hell.

I'm halfway tempted to sell the kit just because it is so filthy.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    The 1st gens may be better for the kid dexterity-wise, as in easier to handle, do reloads, etc. for him....Just a thought...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utarch00 View Post
    Grant

Do you have a price list or price range for your .22 uppers.
    It really depends on which components you select.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Grant,

How many inches is the barrel on that upper? Also, what would it cost for an upper with the conversion kit less the handguard?

Barrel is 5.5" and we also have them 16" length. Do you want just a standard A3 receiver and A2 FS?

C4

Feedback Score
    I obtained 8 Black Dog full-sized mags and every one of them runs fine with a wide variety of ammo. I chose smoke colored as they're somewhat dark and still allow verification of rounds left inside. Most will accept 27 rds. and all will allow 25. This might change in time. The only PITT (Pain In The Thumbs) is the tiny rds. in small feed lips after several mags - no known mag loaders at this time.

Feedback Score

MX5 - How is your carbine set up?

And would it run with the cheap ammo like Rem Green, Blazer, bulk Federal, Thunderbolt, etc.?

Larry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I went with the full size mags because I bought the .22 for training/practice. I wanted to mags to fit in all my gear/pouches and be as close to the real mags as possible. The full size mags fit in my Eagle FBpouches which was also a requirement for me.

They also take Gen 1 Magpuls which is standard for me.

The skinny mags held no advantage to me.

I also went with the Black mags vs the clear as I figured the Black plastic tends to hold up better then the clear as the formulation in the plastics is normally different.

The full size mags can also be dissasembled for cleaning/repairs,etc. Not sure how the skinny mags are.

Just my experience.

Feedback Score
    Grant, I already have an existing Ceiner kit. Can you put together an upper that would work with the existing kit and not the modified kit?

Karl
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had bad luck with the 1st Gens. The newer full bodied mags seem to be stronger.

1st Gen after 500 rounds:

[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/Gun%20stuff/****edBDM.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast