Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig Sauer Scorpion - My Experience with it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    not going to lie, I think it looks pretty damn good.
    I am glad to see people are actually shooting these.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How well does the extractor interface with the rim? That is one thing I have seen issues with on external extractor 1911s...the extractor on some of them seems to just barely catch the rim.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    How well does the extractor interface with the rim? That is one thing I have seen issues with on external extractor 1911s...the extractor on some of them seems to just barely catch the rim.
    Extraction is positive and I have had no issues with the rounds I have fired so far. The claw of the extractor comes around enough on the case to ensure the case is pulled out of the chamber.

The Sig external extractor is no where near as good as the S&W "E" Series external extractor, but it has been working properly. It is am improvement over some I have seen, but not as good as others.
    In God we trust...All others we investigate!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, that pretty much nailed exactly what I was wondering...SIG vs. E series.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    Just bought a Sig Scorpion Carry version and am waiting the state mandated waiting period to bring it home. I hope it shoots well and is a reliable weapon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good review!

I've had my eye on these since they discontinued the 1911r Carry Nitron. I like that feature set better though.

I may have to wait until they come out with the "Black Scorpion..."

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12