Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point Blank ceramic plates

Feedback Score

Point Blank ceramic plates

My team, (I'm LEO SWAT) is currently using Protective Products's Gladiator vest which is rated as level IIIA. I was looking through some of our old boxes and located several ceramic plates from Point Blank. On the back of the plates, (which are 10x12) it states they are level III and IV with a model # of CP3-2. The manufacture date is 1995. The plates seem pretty sturdy and intact. In fact they look fairly new, for being that old.

I am looking at upgrading and purchasing my own armour system and looking at getting some plates.

Question #1- Would I be able to use these plates or are they too old? Do they break down like soft armor?

Question #2-If these plates are too old and you don't recommend using them, which ones do you recommend? (I will be using these plates in a plate carrier in conjunction with a level IIIA duty vest.)

Thanks a head to all the help and input. Stay safe.

Feedback Score

Hmmmm

I would say that they would be good... I dont know that ceramics degrade like Kevlar does in the sun... Man I would LOVE to find some extra plates "hanging around". I am in the Vermont State Guard and there are quite a few of us (including myself ) that can use such an item...

Good find...

Doc

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They should be fine if they're not damaged from being dropped or something.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMinster View Post
    I would say that they would be good... I dont know that ceramics degrade like Kevlar does in the sun... Man I would LOVE to find some extra plates "hanging around". I am i in the Vermont State Guard and there are quite a few of us (including myself ) that can use such an item...

Good find...

Doc
    You can buy a basically brand new set of point blank plates in Kurdistan for $30!
    Not knock-offs either, the real deal.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score

You can buy a basically brand new set of point blank plates in Kurdistan for $30!
    Not knock-offs either, the real deal.
    Sound too good to be true...and illegal goods

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would be concerned with the treatment of the plates during their life. Alot of people abuse them, throwing gear about, dropping helmets, etc. To aid in protecting my plates, I have a strip of closed cell foam in the bottom of my gear bag. If there's a few of them and it can be done, maybe test one or two?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score

well...

...time to advertise my ignorance, but...
    ...What would make these plates illegal?
    ...or any plates for that matter...

Feedback Score

???

...time to advertise my ignorance, but...
    Quote:
    ...What would make these plates illegal?
    ...Or any plates for that matter...
    R U Serious???

#1 I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck....

So you are telling us that....

Not knock-offs either, the real deal
    Kurdistan....

When...
    "Point Blank Solutions, Inc. Technology Center operates the most comprehensive and state-of-the-art ballistic research and testing laboratory which is located in the company’s 104,000 square foot corporate headquarters in Pompano Beach, Florida. This facility is one of three manufacturing sites in Florida including Oakland Park (65,000 sq. ft.), and Deerfield Beach (51,000 sq. ft.)."

So these EXPENSIVE U.S. made ....Authentic Point Blank Plates that normally cost several hundred dollars.... are going for the bargain basement price of $30.00.

Yeah... if they are real THEY ARE HOT Hence Illegal...OR...they are made out of terracotta...lol

If you pick some up field test one with a 7.62...and let us know...but I recommend NOT TO wear it while doing that...

Good luck on your venture.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dude, they are perfectly legal in Durkadurkastan,

because there is... NO LAW THERE.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by they View Post
    Dude, they are perfectly legal in Durkadurkastan,

because there is... NO LAW THERE.
    The bigger issue is how did they get there? There are export laws governing exporting body armor. Export license requirements etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast