Thread: SC Upstate Meet Saturday August 13th Skip J Range

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

SC Upstate Meet Saturday August 13th Skip J Range

Let's get together and have a drills/practice day prior to the Skip J Carbine August Carbine Match. I will be there setting up around 8 am, ready to shoot at 9. We will do various drills to help address some of the problems I see guys having at the match. I know the heat has been bad, so we'll plan on shooting till around 2 pm. This will be a rain or shine meet. If guys are not give out by 2 pm, we'll carry on until you guys are ready to leave. I will bring targets/props, so all you'll really need is your:

Carbine
    at least 3 mags
    some way of magazine carriage
    at least 150 rounds of ammo
    sling
    water/snacks
    eye/ear protection
    and $12 fee for range usage (this goes to Skip J not myself)

If you don't have enough mags, come on anyway, I have a few I can lend out.

I will also have one of Ned Christenson's 5.56mm chamber reamers and a moacks tool with me, so if you need that work done, it's a good opportunity to take care of those issues.

I would like to get an idea of who is coming, so email me at chadlatham at bellsouth.net so I can put your name down. Feel free to contact me with any questions. This will be the 1st meet. I would like to atleast get bi-monthly meets going to begin with. I would also like to get something started down at Mid Carolina if anyone has any contacts down there, please contact me. I look forward to meeting you guys there.

Here is Skip J's website, and the directions page. There is a bridge out on the main road in, so make sure to pay attention to the alternative directions.
    http://skipjrange.com/directions/
    Last edited by Hootiewho; 07-28-11 at 16:25.