Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts / Specs on Nylon Gun Belts & Leather - UPDATED.

Feedback Score

Thoughts / Specs on Nylon Gun Belts & Leather - UPDATED.

I would love a cobra belt maker to combine the 5.11 apex tactical rubber belt with cobra belt design and buckle .. Not as stiff as scuba webbing but still able to hold the weight . Not as difficult to thread through my kydex holster . It's thinner and just as durable .

EDC is my 5.11 apex ( I hate the damn buckle )
    Would prefer my cobra as EDC but only currently use it when working .

Hell my I will marry the two myself ! It's alive !!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta2edff View Post
    I would love a cobra belt maker to combine the 5.11 apex tactical rubber belt with cobra belt design and buckle .. Not as stiff as scuba webbing but still able to hold the weight . Not as difficult to thread through my kydex holster . It's thinner and just as durable .

EDC is my 5.11 apex ( I hate the damn buckle )
    Would prefer my cobra as EDC but only currently use it when working .

Hell my I will marry the two myself ! It's alive !!!
    I'm assuming this is similar to Galco's Biothane and Maxpedition's Ligerthane? The $35 I spent on a Galco Biothane belt is some of the best money u ever spent. Stiff, durable, and light. I just wish someone made this style belt in brown and black and give the option to swap out with standard belt buckles.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score

Thoughts / Specs on Nylon Gun Belts & Leather - UPDATED.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    I'm assuming this is similar to Galco's Biothane and Maxpedition's Ligerthane? The $35 I spent on a Galco Biothane belt is some of the best money u ever spent. Stiff, durable, and light. I just wish someone made this style belt in brown and black and give the option to swap out with standard belt buckles.
    Not familiar with the galco , but yes similar to max's liger..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta2edff View Post
    Not familiar with the galco , but yes similar to max's liger..
    Yeah, it's all the same thing. The generic term is biothane - it's been used in horse tack for years apparently.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    I wear a leather Duluth Trading belt. It's thick. Took almost two years of wearing before it started to mold to my body.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/p...cessor=content

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    Kary is the man. I've got a lot of belts, but I can see my future purchases all being from Endeavor. Especially since I've shyed away from the 1.5" / 1" buckle with accent webbing style. Someone with a lot of experience running different belts put it well - "That style is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole". However, the Ares Ranger inparticular since it doesn't have any velcro, may be perfect for certain people. If you carry appendix or run a lot of gear on your support side - it could be helpful. For my situation, I think a 1.5" Cobra belt is the best bet. For heavier loads, the 1.75" Cobra works great. For lighter loads, the Wilderness style instructor belts are very nice.
    I agree; I have had a 1 1/2 inch black Endeavor belt for a few years. It has held up very well and I think is the best option.
    Last edited by Linea_de_Fuego; 11-13-14 at 23:22.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linea_de_Fuego View Post
    I agree; I have had a 1 1/2 inch black Endeavor belt for a few years. It has held up very well and I think is the best option.
    Unfortunately he seems to have disappeared after having less than stellar customer service.
    I would agree that he made a good product (I've worn my Endeavor cobra belt for the better part of 3 years I think), but there is more to business than a good product.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Hello folks,
    I have been wanting an OUTER 1.75" or 2" nylon belt with cobra style buckle. I want to deck it out with a leg drop pistol holster and fixed blade knife on left side (my strong side) and a dual pistol mag pouch as well a dual AR-15 30rd mag pouch on support side (mag holsters already on hand) and finally an IFAK on the back. Maybe a light and multi tool as well if I can fit them comfortably.

My head can spin just reading through this sticky, especially with the out dated info. And I tend to lose all focus when sifting through the gear load out pic sticky. Can anyone at least point me in a present day "one stop shop" direction for their outer duty belt and leg drop pistol holster gear?
    Does anyone have any experience with the VTAC skirmish belts?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Anyone have experience with the figures gear emissary belt?

It seems like a semi-normal looking belt that fills the role that a 1.5 inch cobra buckle type belt would.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Ciguera?
    Yes. I wear it ever day and love it.
    Lower profile buckle than a cobra, and easier to don and dof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast