Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts / Specs on Nylon Gun Belts & Leather - UPDATED.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have been wearing my Endeavor Stitch Works 1.5" cobra gun belt for the past week.
    I have to say it turned out better than I thought it would. I have worn another 1.5" nylon belt from another maker, and a double thick leather belt over the past year. I sold the other nylon belt a couple months ago just because I was not happy with it.
    Anyway, now on to the comparison. The new Endeavor belt is lighter weight and supple yet stiff enough for my 228. The buckle is much lighter weight and smaller than I expected.
    Anyway, all around a great belt and I would recommend Endeavor Stitch Works to anybody looking for a good belt...and it really does help that Kary is a great guy to work with.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would like to add the Volund Gearworks Atlas G-hook belt to the list of good belts. I will have a little review coming up shortly but a quick summary:

It eliminates the issues I personally have with Cobra buckle belts. They do have their purpose but I find them to be a pain in the ass for everyday wear. The other popular belts are great and well made, but just not for me. I consider this belt to be an addition to many other great belts out there. The more options the better, especially when so many are good.

It seems to me to be slightly less stiff than either my Jones or Ares Gear Cobra buckle belt. I have neither on hand to directly compare, but I feel the Atlas "wears" a little easier while providing plenty of support.

It is silent, if that matters.

It has a wide range of adjustment.

It will be cheaper than other belts.

Their website is coming around shortly, Facebook page is live now.

I don't work for them, have not been paid by them, and have not accepted free gear. I have however obtained a belt at an introductory cost.
    Last edited by orionz06; 11-22-11 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    Anyone ever trim and re-burn their nylon on a cobra buckled belt once you figure out your sizing to get rid of all the extra webbing? I had to do this with my Wilderness after I started wearing my (PSS) holster OWB and forward of 3 o'clock and it worked well - however the webbing looks way thicker on the cobra buckled belts.
    Yes sir. Works fine. I've heated ice picks to poke holes, riveted the nylon, and all kinds of crazy stuff while experimenting. Nylon webbing is pretty easy to work over. Just be careful you leave enough hook to securely mate with the loop if it's a Wilderness style. Cobra buckles don't necessarily need the velcro - since threading the buckle locks it in place. The same can be said of V Ring buckles, but I find it much less so.

You'll be able to see where the maker cut and melted the webbing. I suppose this is one of those areas that seperates the good makers from the not so good makers.

Quote Originally Posted by readyme View Post
    I have been wearing my Endeavor Stitch Works 1.5" cobra gun belt for the past week.
    I have to say it turned out better than I thought it would. I have worn another 1.5" nylon belt from another maker, and a double thick leather belt over the past year. I sold the other nylon belt a couple months ago just because I was not happy with it.
    Anyway, now on to the comparison. The new Endeavor belt is lighter weight and supple yet stiff enough for my 228. The buckle is much lighter weight and smaller than I expected.
    Anyway, all around a great belt and I would recommend Endeavor Stitch Works to anybody looking for a good belt...and it really does help that Kary is a great guy to work with.
    Kary is the man. I've got a lot of belts, but I can see my future purchases all being from Endeavor. Especially since I've shyed away from the 1.5" / 1" buckle with accent webbing style. Someone with a lot of experience running different belts put it well - "That style is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole". However, the Ares Ranger inparticular since it doesn't have any velcro, may be perfect for certain people. If you carry appendix or run a lot of gear on your support side - it could be helpful. For my situation, I think a 1.5" Cobra belt is the best bet. For heavier loads, the 1.75" Cobra works great. For lighter loads, the Wilderness style instructor belts are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I would like to add the Volund Gearworks Atlas G-hook belt to the list of good belts. I will have a little review coming up shortly but a quick summary:

It eliminates the issues I personally have with Cobra buckle belts. They do have their purpose but I find them to be a pain in the ass for everyday wear. The other popular belts are great and well made, but just not for me. I consider this belt to be an addition to many other great belts out there. The more options the better, especially when so many are good.

It seems to me to be slightly less stiff than either my Jones or Ares Gear Cobra buckle belt. I have neither on hand to directly compare, but I feel the Atlas "wears" a little easier while providing plenty of support.

It is silent, if that matters.

It has a wide range of adjustment.

It will be cheaper than other belts.

Their website is coming around shortly, Facebook page is live now.

I don't work for them, have not been paid by them, and have not accepted free gear. I have however obtained a belt at an introductory cost.
    I've been checking out their facebook a lot lately, actually. Looks like a cool design. I'm not sure it would be my exact choice - but I'd love to try one. I know a couple people who avoid Cobra belts because of the large buckles. These look like they would provide another option (or possibly the best) for these types of people to go along with V-Ring belts. The buckle looks much more low profile then the V Ring buckle as well.

Damn you, Orionz. Now I know I'm going to end up picking one up!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

I got one of these after seeing this post and something NEW I love how lite weight it is I may be sold on nylon over my double wides. I am in testing phase now but so far so good.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 06-24-12 at 01:37.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    I got one of these after seeing this post and something NEW I love how lite weight it is I may be sold on nylon over my double wides. I am in testing phase now but so far so good.
    I now have 2 of them, 1.5" and 1.75", both are excellent. I still see a place for a cobra belt of sorts, but these just plain work.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been using a Beltman no-buckle for months now, and I have little to no interest in most of the other popular nylon belts these days. I've been very pleased with it, and might order a conventional belt from them as well (as I'm carrying AIWB less and less now).

I'm carrying a fullsize Glock, fixed blade, light, and my other pocket gear (folder, wallet, phone, keys) and I don't need anything stiffer/ heavier/ wider to support that load.

Those cobra buckle belts seem like a hell of a good idea for "war belts" or overbelts to wear at classes or to throw on quickly... but for a daily pants belt with a concealed handgun... I have no interest in the weight and bulk of some of these designs.

Leather has a softness to it that has always been more comfortable for me than super stiff belts when you load them up big. I ditched a wilderness at a class for a leather belt once I added multiple mags to it... the stiff edge at the bottom started to "cut" in on my hips and got uncomfortable in a hurry.

Sometimes I think we can get a little carried away with the "latest and greatest" and loose sight of what works 90% of the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    After a good amount of wear I have figured out one thing these belts are alot better for loop type holsters over clips as there just isnt enough to grab on width wise. This isnt a bad thing just something I noticed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awm14hp View Post
    After a good amount of wear I have figured out one thing these belts are alot better for loop type holsters over clips as there just isnt enough to grab on width wise. This isnt a bad thing just something I noticed.
    I use overclips just about anytime I IWB carry. Here's my "hot as Hell" EDC.

I guess it might depend on the overclip design.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I used over clips until they failed. I now run with snap loops and love them...in fact they are from you Steve (I need to order some 1.75" belt loops too).

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Always worn a riggers belt, old habits, holds my hammer tight.

HTC EVO 4 using TapaTalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast