Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishous View Post
    I figured it was for testing purposes as brakes like to rust so darn fast like you mentioned.

Safety is a priority when driving a performance vehicle, especially if you push your vehicle to the limit.

Sent from my Triumph
    Yes, just a couple of smears. I have worked on cars long enough and gotten various parts of them smudged with grease that I didn't think anything of it. I should have posted the picture differently to avoid the OH NOEZ! that it seems to have solicited. Yes, I keep the Z in good shape, keep tabs on tread-depth, and will replace the Potenza's with Pilot Sports when they finally die. It's a fun car, but I don't like how the front-heavy distribution likes such early acceleration out of/acceleration to balance early in a corner. I am used to my last car, which was 50/50 static. Driving a more neutral car feels safer to me on the street, which has grit,oil,gravel, etc. I would MUCH RATHER balance with the brakes than the throttle. This car weighs in at more like 56/44 when I had it weighed.

Feedback Score

Wink

Let's not turn this into a car racing thread.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    Let's not turn this into a car racing thread.
    The Froglube paste that is the new formula seemed to prevent rust better than the old in this 1-sample test. When I wiped the spots clean with a finger, my finger got "orange" more-so on the CLP and old formula paste than the new. Obviously it;s just one test, but it seems that the color isn't the only difference between new and old FL Paste.

Feedback Score
    After reading all about FL in this thread and reading the testimonials on their web site I decided to give the stuff a try. I found a gun shop in the area that carries it. I picked up a 4oz thing of both the liquid and the paste.

I took the time to do the initial cleaning and application for both my Ruger SR9C and my AR today. I warmed the cleaned parts up in the oven for a couple minutes at a low setting to get it ready. I have to say I'm impressed with how the FL seems to really seep into every area that it can, it's like it seeks metal. Can't complain about the fact that it smells great too, and is "green."

I'm looking forward to future cleanings to see how things hold up.

Feedback Score
    Ok Ok Ok.....I gave in a few minutes ago and was ordering some tw25b grease from Brownell's and saw they have Frog Lube now....so I ordered a bottle of it to try it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now I am confused. Is there a "new" formula Frog lube?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes Froglube reformulated the original formula and branded it as premium. I used both and didn't tell any difference, FL is FL don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR View Post
    Now I am confused. Is there a "new" formula Frog lube?

Feedback Score
    How about Eezox?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmichael View Post
    How about Eezox?
    How about starting a thread on it instead of derailing this one?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well I took the opportunity to try some of that Frog Lube and have been using it for different things for the past couple months so decided its time to write a review of the product and my experiences.

I started out using it on my M&P9 for both cleaning and lubrication. So far I am impressed with its ability to clean carbon and lead from my pistol. Per the insrtuctions for deep cleaning and protection I choose to heat my parts then apply the Frog Lube and let it soak in for a few minutes before wiping it off. Any carbon or grime that was on the parts before are all wiped away leaving behind a nice slick and protective coating. I've found it to be great at cleaning barrels. No more need for solvents as I simply run this thru a warm bore with a brass brush followed by a few patches and I'm left with a sparkling clean bore thats seems to be easier to clean on subsequent cleanings. This is important since I shoot predominantly lead bullets.

Next, I began using it on my .22lr AR Conversion Bolt made by CMMG. I fully disassembled the kit and let it lay out in the sun long enough to get nice and hot. Like the M&P, I then coated everything with Frong Lube and allowed it to soak in for about 15min. I wiped it all down and reassembled. Since applying Frog Lube I have noticed that the carbon does not stick as easily to the parts and cleanings now no longer require a blast of brake cleaner.....simple wipe down with a soft towel is all thats needed. The SS Kit also runs reliably dry so no need to add oils which will cause problems as it gets dirty.

My latest use of Frog Lube came tonight when my sister in law decided to drop off her pistol to me for cleaning. Well apparently she'd spilled a botle of water in her purse about a week ago and never thought to take her pistol out of the purse and dry it off. End result is what you see pictured below in the "Before" picture. Well I wasn't sure what I was gonna do to get it cleaned up but finally decided I would see what Frog Lube would do with the rust since its seems to clean things really well. I disassembled the pistol and placed the parts on a pan in the oven to get them nice and warm. Once warm I coated everything in Frog Lube and back to the oven for 5min. I removed the parts and took some 0000 Steel Wool to the rusted areas while everything was still coated in Frog Lube. After a scrub with steel wool, I wiped everything down with a soft towel and to my amazement the pistol was cleaned better than new! Additionally, everything has a nice protective coating on it which hopefully will prevent future issues with rust.

I haven't tried it yet on my AR's, however I will most likely give it a shot in the very near future.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by wahoo95; 07-20-12 at 23:05.

Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast