Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was wrong - it's not Frog Lube, it's Bullfrog. THAT stuff will suck the wind out of your lungs.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have ran about 250 rnds with froglube so far...no issue...but just a butter smooth clean up...it resist fouling from what I can tell from the most part...its pretty awesome how it works....when its below ambient temp...your gun doesnt look like its lubricated much...put ten rounds and the metal becomes "wet" and lubricated again....come home....the lube is soaked back into the metal...its pretty awesome

Feedback Score
    JMO, but so far in the past 2 to 3 months F/L has been one of the best products that I have used. But, time will tell the whole story.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeahe View Post
    I use froglube on handguns & long guns. I haven't tried it on primers yet.
    Yeah... My primers seat just fine without lube!

Seriously though... I wouldn't worry about it if you haven't had other lubes create problems for your primers.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    There's tests online where folks soaked primers in different solvents and they still worked. Seems like just another gun myth.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    There's tests online where folks soaked primers in different solvents and they still worked. Seems like just another gun myth.
    I've seen those... but I've also seen a guy who thought he needed to lube his mag springs shoot his pistol ammo with 75% or so failure rate.

This was years back, and I don't know what he was lubing with or what the ammo was, but he definitely ruined the primers with his nonsense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've seen those... but I've also seen a guy who thought he needed to lube his mag springs shoot his pistol ammo with 75% or so failure rate.

This was years back, and I don't know what he was lubing with or what the ammo was, but he definitely ruined the primers with his nonsense.
    Yup. WD40 will kill primers, as will any penetrating oil like Kroil or PB Blaster.

Feedback Score
    I was going to start a new thread about froglube but i'm glad i used the search.

Anyways how well do you guys like it? Is it as good as their website states?

Any of you guys been using it for a while?

I know on the website in the video section, that guy hoffner shot it for 7 months strait w/o cleaning his glock and supposedly it was working great. But they didn't do a exactly a close up on the pistol.

Just curious if it's worth a try on my glock gen4 and my pof ar15.
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    I was going to start a new thread about froglube but i'm glad i used the search.

Anyways how well do you guys like it? Is it as good as their website states?

Any of you guys been using it for a while?

I know on the website in the video section, that guy hoffner shot it for 7 months strait w/o cleaning his glock and supposedly it was working great. But they didn't do a exactly a close up on the pistol.

Just curious if it's worth a try on my glock gen4 and my pof ar15.
    I have had such a good experience, that I use it on my work and personal carbine.

Pro:
    -Lubricates well...that's the point right?
    -Cleanup is a wipe down and reapplication...easy.
    -Is a semi-solid paste until firing begins, then turns into a liquid. During daily carry, the lube is not messy. It stays put when gun is cold.
    -Does not smell bad

Cons:
    -It's not cheap.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    When you do start firing does it start to drip? Or sometime splatter during firing?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtjosh View Post
    I have had such a good experience, that I use it on my work and personal carbine.

Pro:
    -Lubricates well...that's the point right?
    -Cleanup is a wipe down and reapplication...easy.
    -Is a semi-solid paste until firing begins, then turns into a liquid. During daily carry, the lube is not messy. It stays put when gun is cold.
    -Does not smell bad

Cons:
    -It's not cheap.
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast