Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    When you do start firing does it start to drip? Or sometime splatter during firing?

Thanks.
    I am guessing it just become mild thick liquid, not thin liquid like Wd-40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    There's tests online where folks soaked primers in different solvents and they still worked. Seems like just another gun myth.
    Its not a myth. I did a test once where I put various pistol rounds in a baggie with some Weaponshield (same as FP-10). A month later, the primers worked but there was incomplete ignition in some rounds.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iGun View Post
    Its not a myth. I did a test once where I put various pistol rounds in a baggie with some Weaponshield (same as FP-10). A month later, the primers worked but there was incomplete ignition in some rounds.
    I'll remember that for the next time I contemplate storing lube in a bag with loose rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Yup. WD40 will kill primers, as will any penetrating oil like Kroil or PB Blaster.
    A lazy officer on my old South Florida department (years ago) would spray his loaded revolver with WD40 before work every day to keep it from rusting. He eventually was attacked by a knife-wielding bad guy, drew his revolver and click, click, click, click, click, click! All the rounds were dead. I don't remember if it was the powder or primers or both that were contaminated and deactivated by the WD40, but the officer had to use his S&W as a club to save himself.

I use ForgLube and like it, but haven't dunked any primers in it yet.
    Last edited by SIMBA-LEE; 11-05-11 at 09:43.

Feedback Score
    I started a few months ago using frog lube on just one 1911, I am straight up amazed at the results. I will be using it on all of my guns when I get some time off around the holidays. It has worked exactly as descibed, and my wife dosen't bitch about the smell.
    Last edited by shua713; 11-05-11 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I finally tried some of this stuff. It's been sitting on my bench for a while. My bolt was all dry and nasty from suppressed fire, so I hit it up with froglube.

The stuff has some pretty good staying power.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Sigh. I just drank the Koolaid and ordered some Froglube. I don't know if it works better than other lubes but this stuff sure is viral.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sigh. I just drank the Koolaid and ordered some Froglube. I don't know if it works better than other lubes but this stuff sure is viral.
    I haven't used it long enough to say that it's better. But it ran well with a lot of supressed shooting in my gun yesterday.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Kool-Aid

iGun, I had the finger on the trigger and safety off on Sunday - I managed to get the credit card back on 'safe' in time. But I will be looking forward to hearing more about this stuff - it does seem to be taking the lube world by storm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's good stuff. Just make sure you thoroughly strip any other residue (carbon, lubricants, grease, etc) on the parts where Frog Lube will be applied. Frog Lube needs to be the only lubricant in play. A hair dryer also does wonders to work the FL into the metal. Good luck and enjoy the minty smell.

Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast