Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rem 700 / JP AMCS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rem 700 / JP AMCS

Found a Remington 700 AAC-SD at a local shop today and decided to take it home. The Hogue stock needed to go so I called JP who happens to be local to me and picked up their chassis system. Initial impressions of the chassis, it's sweet.

Next up is the glass and a few other accessories. I checked out a Nightforce, Mk4, and a Zeiss today; not sure which direction I'll go.

Here's a couple quick and dirty picks of the rifle / chassis.

Last edited by Mirnyx; 07-28-11 at 21:15.

Feedback Score
    Looks a lot like the TacMod chassis. I wonder if JP is making them in house or farming them out to TacMod on a licensing deal or something.

I look forward to hearing more about it. JP is known for putting out quality gear.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    got a link on the stock? i too have a SPS AAC-SD and that looks sweet

Feedback Score
    Come on man... google is wise and all knowing.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.6.1_AMCS.php
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    sorry, had a lazy moment. i googled it right after i asked.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Looks a lot like the TacMod chassis. I wonder if JP is making them in house or farming them out to TacMod on a licensing deal or something.

I look forward to hearing more about it. JP is known for putting out quality gear.
    At first glance it does look like the TacMod or many of the other chassis systems however, when you look closer there's a number of differences in how stocks and forearms attach to the chassis. JP's method is dead simple and I expect it will handle serious abuse.

In regards to JP's manufacturing, I've always wondered about that myself. Either way, if they machine in-house or outsource it, the fit and finish is flawless.

Feedback Score
    That is beautiful: thanks for the pics. I have looked at this briefly while considering an XLR, however your post drew my attention to the previously missed optional tube fore-end. Now I will look more carefully at the JP. On a separate note, I am watching the Rem/JP coordinated effort on an AR-10 type platform. Nice.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Update - Build finished

UPS dropped off the last piece today, now it's time to hit the range! Here's a quick pic of the finished rifle. I'm probably going to send it off and have it film dipped this winter, not a fan of the solid black look.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Weight with action installed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Weight with action installed?
    16.4lbs as pictured above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast