Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Ammunition

Feedback Score

Wolf Ammunition

First off, I just wanted to say that this is my first post on these forums. For some unknown reason, I enjoy posting on forums, and I'm a member to quite a few. I just bought my first AR-15, which is my first rifle in general, so I'm sure ill be on here a lot more as I modify it over time.

That being said, Ill go ahead with my first question.

Has anyone used Wolf ammunition? .223 is so friggin expensive ($10+ for a box of 20 rounds? I can put that down range in less than 3 minutes) so Im looking for a decent round that wont break my bank, that I can possibly buy in bulk (maybe 200 rounds at a time). Wolf ammo came up, which ive heard of before, but never had any interest in buying it, because I always just bought 100 rounds of Winchester White Box for my .40 cal and it wasnt too bad. My supervisor at work uses it, and he says its very dirty, and not that accurate at all (heard that before). Just wondering, whats everyones take on it? Do you recommend it for punching holes in paper? I heard that they put some kind of coating over their rounds that eventually over time ruin the barrel of the weapon. Is this true? I dont want to take a chance of doing any damage to my AR, so if thats true at all, then I wont touch it. What about FTF's or jamming? Are either of these an issue with Wolf Ammo? Im not worried about having to clean my weapon more often with Wolf Ammo, because I clean my guns within 3 days after shooting them anyways (Ill feel bad if I dont) but as long as half the box doesnt FTF, and the rounds dont jam every other round, and it wont damage my weapon, Its fine with me.

Also, where is a good place to order Ammunition in bulk online, whether it be Wolf or not? www.gulfcoastammunition.com advertises .223 55gr Wolf for $63.00/500 rounds in Shotgun News, but their website is very much under construction, and I dont know how much I would trust that anyway
    "...any handgun being considered for serious law enforcement or self-defense use should be chambered for a cartridge that has a 4 as its first number and preferably a 5 as the second."

Feedback Score
    Wolf ammo is fine, i shoot it all the time for practice

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I shoot Wolf in my two Colts and my Bushie. My personal expirance is it is fine for practice.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I found a good deal on Ultramax at Cabellas. I can get a box of 50 FMJ 55gr for $16.99, or a box of 50 JHP, 52gr for $18.99. Anyone ever dealt with them? They seem to be a lot better quality than Wolf ammo, and it looks much cleaner, yet they only average maybe $2.50 more for a box of 20 than Wolf. I was thinking about trying some out. Anyone see a problem with this manufacturer, other than the fact that it's all reloads? Read the reviews they have at the link below, and all 34 of them said nothing but good things, and most people gave it 5 out of 5 stars, with a couple 4 out of 5 star ratings.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te....223&noImage=0
    "...any handgun being considered for serious law enforcement or self-defense use should be chambered for a cartridge that has a 4 as its first number and preferably a 5 as the second."

Feedback Score
    I would rather get kicked in the junk than use Wolf in my AR's. I do shoot it through my AK's as that is what it is made for.

Feedback Score
    I would shoot wolf before I would shoot Ultramax through my rifle.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...light=ultramax

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I shoot a lot of wolf, ammo prices being what they are. I have shot close the 4k rounds so far through a colt 6920 and a SDI mid-length/colt lower hybrid, both 1/7 twist. Zero malfunctions. Surprisingly good accuracy using EOTech sights with the 55 grain Military classic and 62 grain poly ammo.

Feedback Score

hmmm...

I think Midway just got in some Black Hills blue box...If you wanna' try reloads, these are very good...

...oops, too late...shows gonegonegone...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gyp_c2 View Post
    I think Midway just got in some Black Hills blue box...If you wanna' try reloads, these are very good...

...oops, too late...shows gonegonegone...
    Or...you could reload, and pay $.17 per each round. $170.00 per thousand, and that includes Hazmat fees, but you need to combine primers and powder together. It's also a great way to relieve stress. BTW this price is based on shooting a processed round of Mil brass 6 times. $.092 amortized over 6 loadings.

Tack

Feedback Score

yup...

...agreed...
    By far the least cost per round...Sometimes you just can't use them though...I trust mine...
    But I wouldn't trust many others...
    Black Hills is one of them I do trust, YMMV...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast