Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need new workout program

Feedback Score
    25 (96%)

Need new workout program

Hey guys. I need a new at home workout program. I stepped on the scale and I'm up to 206 should be around 180 and my pants keep shrinking

I did p90x about a year ago and had great results, but I lost my motivation and let my self go back. Right now I'm only running about a mile 3 times a week with my daughter to help her get ready for a fun run this fall and I will ocassonally do a p90x workout here and there but i'm bored with it.

I want something for functional strength and fitness. I've done the heavy lifting mass building thing in the past, but do not have the desire for it now.

What should I look into?

On the spreading edge of the butter knife
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are there any activities you are currently engaged in that you can use as motivation for a workout? If motivation for "vanilla" workouts is a problem, then targeting fitness for a specific activity can help.

You can mix things up with some great workouts with sandbags, slosh bars, kettlebells and all kinds of homemade stuff for functional fitness. Throw in a TRX and you have 3 or 4 days a week of varied core and functional strength training right there. No running shoes required.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Edwards View Post
    Hey guys. I need a new at home workout program. I stepped on the scale and I'm up to 206 should be around 180 and my pants keep shrinking

I did p90x about a year ago and had great results, but I lost my motivation and let my self go back. Right now I'm only running about a mile 3 times a week with my daughter to help her get ready for a fun run this fall and I will ocassonally do a p90x workout here and there but i'm bored with it.

I want something for functional strength and fitness. I've done the heavy lifting mass building thing in the past, but do not have the desire for it now.

What should I look into?
    See:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28226
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    25 (96%)
    Not really any thing I actually "need" fitness for since all the shooting I do is fat guy friendly as they call it. I will look into getting some sandbags and maybe a big A$$ tire and some other gear.

Thanks for the link that was a really good post. I doubt I will get into another 6 day a week program, but who knows. It gave me some good ideas anyway. I like that you have everything covered including the HIT. PLYO used to kill me, but it helped me make quick progress in my cardio ( I smoked for 15 years ) and quit last year.

Feedback Score
    +1 for HIIT, sandbags, and plyo.

If you really wanna get in shape (and get something out of it) - find a local gym that teaches legit muay thai. Best workout on the planet - and its always fun to hit things.

Feedback Score
    25 (96%)
    Will - Nice blog you have!

Martial arts is definetly a good work-out. I actually have a business selling martial art gear. Not personally active any more but have been a student in Kyokushin. Amazing how wiped out you can get after a few 2 min. rounds.

Feedback Score
    I've been having great results with the Wendler cycle. It seems too easy but it works and helps me stay motivated.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._pure_strength

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will - Nice blog you have!
    Thanx

Martial arts is definetly a good work-out. I actually have a business selling martial art gear. Not personally active any more but have been a student in Kyokushin. Amazing how wiped out you can get after a few 2 min. rounds.
    Quality over quantity every time.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhamilton View Post
    +1 for HIIT, sandbags, and plyo.

If you really wanna get in shape (and get something out of it) - find a local gym that teaches legit muay thai. Best workout on the planet - and its always fun to hit things.
    True, but not so much fun when you get hit! "Oh sh%& that hurts!"

Just sayin'
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not really any thing I actually "need" fitness for since all the shooting I do is fat guy friendly as they call it. I will look into getting some sandbags and maybe a big A$$ tire and some other gear.

Thanks for the link that was a really good post. I doubt I will get into another 6 day a week program, but who knows. It gave me some good ideas anyway. I like that you have everything covered including the HIT. PLYO used to kill me, but it helped me make quick progress in my cardio ( I smoked for 15 years ) and quit last year.
    Brother, everyone needs fitness. Everyone.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast