Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Facepalm worthy moments in CCW...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    And stories like these are exactly why when someone says "I was in the (fill in the blank), I know about guns!" I just roll my eyes.
    In my experience, they usually add the tag, "and I was an armorer, too".
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My boss bought a Judge. He also has a Taurus.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    In my experience, they usually add the tag, "and I was an armorer, too".
    Which, if true, usually further identifies them as the company ****up or limp dick who couldn't be trusted to do whatever his PMOS was, so they stuck him in the arms room trading cards for weapons so he wouldn't be an impediment to people who were actually doing work

Feedback Score
    A former friend of mine related a story of his which, for some reason, he was firing a .22 rifle up into a tree. The problem was a neighbors house was about 300yrds down range, they quickly put a stop to his plinking when bullets started impacting their roof.

Same guy, first hand experience. While doing some targeting shooting years ago we walked down range to inspect the targets. I was about a half step ahead of him and had removed my earpro while inspecting the targets. At which point he rasies a .38 snub and fires at the target at near contact range. Not only is my earpro off but I was also peppered down the right side of my face from the cylinder gap.

He is now with the State Police.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    And stories like these are exactly why when someone says "I was in the (fill in the blank), I know about guns!" I just roll my eyes.
    Hehe yeah totally. I recently had an MP checking out my Glock 19 ask me "where's the safety". His buddy said "it doesn't have one, its like the SIG" and give me a knowing glance. I just don't know what to say to that kind of stuff.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Sometimes I wish my friends were into guns and we could go shooting, but then I read threads like this. Maybe I'm lucky I don't have to deal with terminal amounts of the stupid.
    Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by outrider627 View Post
    Sometimes I wish my friends were into guns and we could go shooting, but then I read threads like this. Maybe I'm lucky I don't have to deal with terminal amounts of the stupid.
    I look at it as a good litmus test of who I want to hang around with. If someone's too dumb to handle a weapon safely, or to WANT to, I don't have a lot of use for them out side of work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This thread is making me sad.

Okie John

Feedback Score
    I went to the local range here in Houston and watched a guy sit at the 50 yard line with a new M4 flat top with NO ****ING SIGHTS in front or rear that he had just purchased at the gun show.
    Instead of putting some sort of cheap buis set or optic he chose to shoot it with his girlie frind for OVER AN HOUR while I sat and waited to get a bench to shoot off of. He shot at least 200 rounds and girlie friend too.
    Showing off how much fun it was to just blast off into the dirt.

Then the guy next to him shooting a 1890's lever gun with EXACTLY 10 bullets to shoot in it and he took an HOUR to shoot them, yes TWO 30 minute sessions and THEN he waited until AFTER the cease fire to move off the line and open the bench so I had to wait another 30 minutes to get to shoot.
    This was in one day out there....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was trashed one night and came back to my barracks to get some sleep. I clocked out instantly and woke up not too longer after that to what sounded like a gunshot. I was completely inebriated, so I figured that I was imagining things. I went back to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and found out that my friend living across the hall managed to shoot himself in the leg with a 9mm Hi-Point that he had bought that day. I think he was holstering it or "cleaning" it, I can't remember. Apparently his Hi-Point was going to be his carry piece once his CCW got approved. The ND didn't cause any serious damage to his leg and an ambulance carted him off to the base hospital. He made a great string of choices that night.

I can't disagree with the belief that most military personnel/veterans are generally idiots when it comes to guns. On the same note, being on a forum doesn't mean that you've magically surmounted your retardation.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast