Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bases & Rings for Rem 700 in 308

Feedback Score
    Oh OK then.
    Last edited by cheaptrick; 08-05-11 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    Yes something is very wrong with the forum. It was markm that disagree'd on the sloped bases. Sorry about that D90king.

I'm a nobody from South Dakota... I fired over 1000rnds of 308 alone last month. I stayed at a holiday inn express last week. If you want to know about my experience, PM me.

I word my posts strongly so it is impossible for anyone to misunderstand what I'm saying. This is America.
    Last edited by orkan; 08-05-11 at 15:33.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Holy shit... it put my latest post about 3 posts above the last one that was made.

I think I'll stop posting until they figure this shit out.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    D90king, I will not be baited into a personal conflict. I'm sick of people coming at me in a personal fashion on these forums, so I'm not going to even acknowledge it any more. I disagree with you so you try to single me out and claim I have no experience? The mods have made it quite clear that it isn't to be tolerated. So, if you want to debate my experience, do so in a PM. You want to attack ME, do so in a PM. You want to attack my stance on this issue, do it here.

In regard to my opinion on a sloped base. You have not answered my question. What detriment is there to having one?

Cheek weld? Stock packs and adjustable cheek stocks have solved that problem long ago. Many stocks you can't get a proper cheek weld on even with a flat base, and that has been the solution.

Running 20moa, 30moa, and 40moa bases have not stopped me from making hits to past a mile. So if sloped bases are so bad, why do they work for me and virtually everyone I shoot with?

Bottom line is that I believe you'll find yourself in the minority on this issue, with the exception of Mike Rescigno (Tac Ops), who's opinion on single-piece bases is well documented, yet still doesn't stop them from putting them on at the customers request or on some of their newer production rifles.

So, in closing I don't care about your experience, and I don't care if you know about mine. I care about your opinion. Please do debate the ISSUE AT HAND, as my mind is open. If you can present an intelligent argument that punches holes in mine, I'll concede.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    D90king, I will not be baited into a personal conflict. I'm sick of people coming at me in a personal fashion on these forums, so I'm not going to even acknowledge it any more. I disagree with you so you try to single me out and claim I have no experience? The mods have made it quite clear that it isn't to be tolerated. So, if you want to debate my experience, do so in a PM. You want to attack ME, do so in a PM. You want to attack my stance on this issue, do it here.

In regard to my opinion on a sloped base. You have not answered my question. What detriment is there to having one?

Cheek weld? Stock packs and adjustable cheek stocks have solved that problem long ago. Many stocks you can't get a proper cheek weld on even with a flat base, and that has been the solution.

Running 20moa, 30moa, and 40moa bases have not stopped me from making hits to past a mile. So if sloped bases are so bad, why do they work for me and virtually everyone I shoot with?

Bottom line is that I believe you'll find yourself in the minority on this issue, with the exception of Mike Rescigno (Tac Ops), who's opinion on single-piece bases is well documented, yet still doesn't stop them from putting them on at the customers request or on some of their newer production rifles.

So, in closing I don't care about your experience, and I don't care if you know about mine. I care about your opinion. Please do debate the ISSUE AT HAND, as my mind is open. If you can present an intelligent argument that punches holes in mine, I'll concede.
    Dude, I think because the forum is jacked up with posts that maybe you have me confused with someone else.

I simply asked if you could tell us about your experience because of the way you come off in your posts. That was all, and I think you are reading waaaaay to much into simple questions. By knowing more about your bio, blog and affiliations it allows us to weigh your experience with your strongly worded posts. Nothing more.

For the record I wasn't the one who disagreed with you. I simply quoted a post of yours. I am interested in where you draw your opinions from though.

I very rarely waste time arguing on the internet unless its simply idiotic info being spouted.
    Last edited by d90king; 08-05-11 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Holy shit... it put my latest post about 3 posts above the last one that was made.

I think I'll stop posting until they figure this shit out.
    Told ya it was all jacked up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    and offers advice based on what he reads on the web.
    Me too.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yes something is very wrong with the forum. It was markm that disagree'd on the sloped bases. Sorry about that D90king.

I'm a nobody from South Dakota... I fired over 1000rnds of 308 alone last month. I stayed at a holiday inn express last week. If you want to know about my experience, PM me.

I word my posts strongly so it is impossible for anyone to misunderstand what I'm saying. This is America.
    No worries! I prefer a strong opinion based upon experience rather than someone who pussy foots around and offers advice based on what he reads on the web.

Hmmm, I wonder where this post will end up.
    Last edited by d90king; 08-05-11 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Part of the reason I traded my Leupold M4 base/rings for the Seekins was that the Seekins had the 20moa slope. I didn't think I needed it when I bought the M4 base but started shooting at a venue out to and beyond 1000 yards. (also went from a 1" to a 30mm scope and the guy with the Seekins set needed 1" rings).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    No worries! I prefer a strong opinion based upon experience rather than someone who pussy foots around and offers advice based on what he reads on the web.

Hmmm, I wonder where this post will end up.
    You and I will get along perfectly then! I don't open my mouth unless I have personal experience with the subject matter. ... and if I don't I will always preface the comments with something like "I don't know for sure" or "I read somewhere" or something similar.

/action: Orkan spins the roulette wheel to see where his post will land.
    Last edited by orkan; 08-05-11 at 21:51.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123