Thread: What would you do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What would you do?

Following the news as much as I do, it is hard to notice the blatancy of certain people using violence without care. As I read these stories and situations, I often question myself, what would I do if I had been near or have been there when the situation unfolded. What would I do if a family member was with me?

Feel free to post up different articles of situations and also post thoughts and opinions.

I think this topic would be great here.

First off: Gunmen (one with AK47) fires into an crowded bus in Philadelphia.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/vide...lphia-20110804

Second: Flash Mob at a WI fair attack whites. Reports of about a hundred teens being in the mob.

http://www.wisn.com/r/28774396/detail.html
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser KAR98K View Post
    Following the news as much as I do, it is hard to notice the blatancy of certain people using violence without care. As I read these stories and situations, I often question myself, what would I do if I had been near or have been there when the situation unfolded. What would I do if a family member was with me?

Feel free to post up different articles of situations and also post thoughts and opinions.

I think this topic would be great here.

First off: Gunmen (one with AK47) fires into an crowded bus in Philadelphia.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/vide...lphia-20110804

Second: Flash Mob at a WI fair attack whites. Reports of about a hundred teens being in the mob.

http://www.wisn.com/r/28774396/detail.html
    Hard to say.

If I'm on a bus and someone outside is firing at the bus with an AK, if I'm armed I'm going to fire back, if there is a chance to avoid hitting anyone besides the gunman. Ducking and covering and hoping no one gets hurt is the wrong option.

If I'm out enjoying the county fair and am suddenly confronted with a flash mob, the first thing to do is look for a way out of that scene. If I can't find one, well, then it's time to be judicious because my carry gun only holds nine rounds. The goal should be to keep these people off me and my loved ones until I can get away or the cops can restore order. Hard to imagine a perfect solution, but a warrior mindset and situational awareness are the two best tools I can have, followed by my CCW.
    Last edited by QuadBomb; 08-09-11 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    If I am alone and see someone being hurt like in the flash mob situation, I am absolutely going to step in and assist that person.

If I am with my wife, she is my first and really only priority. I couldnt give a shit about anyone else, including myself, she is my safety objective. I need to get her out of harms way as soon as possible.
    The last thing i want to do is engage multiple targets while it is just the two of us. If my wife got hurt shit would end up real bad.

In the bus shooting incident, same principles. If I am alone I am engaging targets.

Feedback Score

I dont usually like the "what would you do" topics,

Topics like this are usually far to short of detail to really make a true decision on what you would do. What if you have family with you? I may answer quite differently because I am part of the LEO community, is this a business or residential area? lots more variables out there.

BUT for the sake of the post I am assuming that there are no factors that make me have to address the threats as anything but what is described and I am by myself with my normal off duty carry (G23 w/1 extra mag and a folding knife)

AK47 shooter on/at bus:
    Engage as rapidly and violently as I can to stop the shooter. Use whatever cover and concealement I can. Loudly announce as soon as I have the opportunity that I am the po po and get 100% confirmation that some one has called the cops and that the dispatcher knows that I am there, who I am with and what my description is.

Flash mob beating innocent person.
    Call the police! I am not equiped to handle that many people. if they are severly injuring some one then the use of deadly force has to be considered. Lots of reasons not to go firing into a mob... but then again, they chose to be there - the person getting beaten probably did not.

there it is.
    Last edited by Preliator; 08-10-11 at 09:21. Reason: spelling