Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official, One-and-Only, Zombies Have Hit the Fan EOTW Thread

Feedback Score

Exclamation The Official, One-and-Only, Zombies Have Hit the Fan EOTW Thread

well boys...my "tinfoil" hat is on now...S&P 500 reduced the US credit rating...be prepared for the worst...you guys should really check out zerohedge.com for financial news info because this week was just a starter...well maybe my "tinfoil" hat will be worth something in the precious metals category...
    Last edited by K.L. Davis; 08-08-11 at 11:24. Reason: It needed to be...

Feedback Score
    Gotta love this video of Geithner

April 11:
    Peter Barnes “Is there a risk that the United States could lose its AAA credit rating? Yes or no?”
    Geithner’s response: “No risk of that.”
    “No risk?” Barnes asked.
    “No risk,” Geithner said.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/and-ju...ithner-no-risk

This (these) ass-clowns have been wrong every step of the way. Much more and I think we'll start to hear cries for impeachment. Surprised we haven't already. Sheer incompetence.

I enjoy zerohedge.com I used to think a little too much conspiratorial like Ron Paul. My how things have changed. Ron Paul is now a freakin brilliant genius in my mind.
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 08-06-11 at 03:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Things are not looking good,that's for sure.I know some people who are starting prep and stock up on things "just in case".These are people who i never thought would be doing such a thing,and neither did they .I myself need to get a lot of things in order and get my ass in gear!

Feedback Score
    you'll find quite a bit of that "conspiratorial thinking" over here is ridiculed from the upper level post count "cool" guys. there are millions of people in this country still living with their heads in the sand. my best friend is a hard core conservative and he is still in total denial...i believe that both sides are the same and blame is placed equally over the past 20+ years...but what do i know, i'm only 40? this country is headed for a serious attitude adjustment and the people are just standing by waiting to get rounded up...knock, knock...get your suitcase and train ticket here...the people of this country are screwed, i just hope that the .mil and police don't follow the mandates from this administration and actually believe in the constitution. but when the economic collapse occurs, bs walks and money in whatever form that feeds you and your family talks...

Feedback Score
    I've been warning all my friends for years now to stock up on the essentials. They laugh & keep on dumping their cash in hotrods, crawlers, spending every weekend on the lake, etc... Only a few of them have taken me seriously & stocked up. Most can't stand to think about the possibility of living without their luxuries/toys & choose to look the other way. When things go bad, my door will be locked. Good luck to them.

It reminds me of the squirrel & ant story (or whatever that is) where one partys all summer while the other saves for the winter.
    Last edited by a1fabweld; 08-06-11 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Red face

I'm scheduled to take the GRE 20 miles away at 8am Monday morning - I usually work about 20' away from my house. Talk about the ORIGINAL craptacular timing....

I'm taking full gear with me (the gas tank is ALREADY loaded - all fluids topped off, etc.), including an AR, and probably a change of clothes (for the 'urban overland experience'), in case I have to HOOF my way back to the house. Spousal Unit and I will discuss in-depth Sunday night what to do, in case the wheels ALL come off America while I'm basically locked away in the GRE "Cone of Silence" for 4+ hours.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtneer13 View Post
    you'll find quite a bit of that "conspiratorial thinking" over here is ridiculed from the upper level post count "cool" guys.
    Wisdom & intelligence are not mutually inclusive. Nor does a high post count require or guarantee any of the former. It merely requires a keyboard, a mouse, some gun knowledge & having been around a long time. And then some are just slower to the party than others. Others are just much less informed. They'll be joining our thinking in due time. To those that ridicule, for now we'll just have to put up with their ignorance, lack of knowledge and foresight. And pity their sorry asses. LOL. Hey, like I said, I used to think Ron Paul & his followers were wing-nuts. Not any longer.And at least their respectful enough not to come here causing shit. Gotta give them credit for that.

I guess our military & government is conspiratorial too then. http://www.military.com/news/article...il-unrest.html or this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tack-2013.html or this http://www.10news.com/news/27780427/detail.html

I could go on & on as well as all the internal violence from within others have been posting for weeks.
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 08-06-11 at 09:22.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtneer13 View Post
    you'll find quite a bit of that "conspiratorial thinking" over here is ridiculed from the upper level post count "cool" guys. there are millions of people in this country still living with their heads in the sand...
    I have to believe that the reason they (the "upper level post count 'cool' guys") ridicule the "conspiratorial thinking" is because they want to keep the site on track (meaning discussing guns/gear/training) and not let it turn into a conspiracy/tin foil/preppers anonymous site. I would think that those who have been here since the site was founded, and helped create it into what it is, don't have their heads in the sand. Who knows, I may be wrong though...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I'm taking full gear with me (the gas tank is ALREADY loaded - all fluids topped off, etc.), including an AR, and probably a change of clothes (for the 'urban overland experience'), in case I have to HOOF my way back to the house. Spousal Unit and I will discuss in-depth Sunday night what to do, in case the wheels ALL come off America while I'm basically locked away in the GRE "Cone of Silence" for 4+ hours.
    Probably not a bad idea to have stuff with you at all times, but I wouldn't expect too much or go hitting any panic buttons from this downgrade from AAA to AA+. It's just another sign of things to come. There's more unravelling to come but this just reinforcing what we've all know all along, that we're not crazy and that were on a collision path unless extreme measures are taken.
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 08-06-11 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I have to believe that the reason they (the "upper level post count 'cool' guys") ridicule the "conspiratorial thinking" is because they want to keep the site on track (meaning discussing guns/gear/training) and not let it turn into a conspiracy/tin foil/preppers anonymous site. I would think that those who have been here since the site was founded, and helped create it into what it is, don't have their heads in the sand. Who knows, I may be wrong though...
    I have personally not heard any ridiculing. You may very well be right Ironman. But I would think if that were the case there would be polite discouragement of the topics rather than ridicule. Ridiculing is usually when a polar opposite position is taken and you think someone is nuts. Who knows, as I've said I haven't encouontered any. But I will say that just because someone is very knowledgeable, even a SME about a certain subject, it does not automatically make them a SME on other subject matter. So until the ridiculing comes our way they should get the benefit of the doubt. If it comes our way..."the Facts" are our friend.
    Last edited by Just a Jarhead; 08-06-11 at 11:25.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast