Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official, One-and-Only, Zombies Have Hit the Fan EOTW Thread

Feedback Score
    i used to think that these guys carrying more firepower in their cars like "best defense" on the outdoor channel were a bit tweaked...now, not so much...tinfoil hat back on now...

Feedback Score
    The subject, comments and ideas in this thread - and the ones that I redirected here - are all valid and need to be discussed, that is why this is tacked and open.

Historically, a hypothesis of these events all too quickly degrades into TEOTWAWKI!! OMGSHTFNAZIZOMBIEBARBQ!!

Sadly, when that happens... anything that was useful is forever lost, and those that were involved all come away with less than they went in with.

These are unprecedented times and these conversations need to take place... and trust me when I say that I am perhaps the last person here that does not "get it" - I also own like a freakin' bajillion zombie movies.

So, for the purpose of keeping this alive, I sort of lumped a few things together and put them in the spotlight - if anyone thinks that one of the threads that is redirected here needs to stand alone, just let me know... the motive is to keep this section of the forum professional, informative and above reproach.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The Dow is at -634. Gold's at $1720/oz. Bank of America stock dropped 20% today. Citibank dropped 16%. Tick tock tick tock...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    The Dow is at -634. Gold's at $1720/oz. Bank of America stock dropped 20% today. Citibank dropped 16%. Tick tock tick tock...
    not good news at all...thanks to k.l. davis for merging the threads!!! makes it easier for us to read...now lets just keep it open!!! i've really enjoyed the comments, articles and such!!!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Given recent events, it is very likely that things are going to give somewhere. The question is where...and how?

I think that it is very unlikely that we'll see events like Mad Max or The Road happening unless some big piece of S really does HTF, as in a EMP blast.

Otherwise, it is more likely that our country could spiral into how Argentina is currently. Higher crime, higher unemployment, and a severely damaged economy will probably be the norm, but life will go on. As mentioned in other threads, bugging out isn't necessarily the correct thing to do. Sometimes, bugging in and keeping your head down is. Surviving on the road isn't easy and unless you have a good place to go, it isn't wise.

I was reading on FerFAL's (Fernando Aguirre in Argentina) blog and he was saying that many of the more rural areas just outside of major population centers tend to see more home invasion type crime and being more rural, you're cut-off from LE and other folks. This makes it easier for a gang of bad guys to approach and penetrate your position. Unless you have a well prepared group with well defended positions, it may be wiser to blend in with the rest of society's sheep until the smoke clears up a bit.
    Last edited by uwe1; 08-08-11 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LRS143 View Post
    If things were to fall to pieces and not come back to what we have today it would be nice to have another destination where we could link up and rebuild knowing that we were rebuilding with like-minded folks. Thing is how do you securely share that grid and not tell those that you don't want knowing that there are droves of well armed, well trained patriots in one spot.
    Galt's Gulch! Doug Casey, of Casey Research, is in fact building a "Galt's Gulch" type of place in NW Argentina called La Estancia de Cafayate which looks very nice! I know it's out of the realm of most people and that's why we're headed to Idaho.

Interesting BBC news video showing London burning today. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

Feedback Score
    I have, and I think most that have been writing in this thread and it's parent, step-parent, aunt & uncle, and hot cousin threads all have some sort of bugout plan with a destination. If things were to fall to pieces and not come back to what we have today it would be nice to have another destination where we could link up and rebuild knowing that we were rebuilding with like-minded folks. Thing is how do you securely share that grid and not tell those that you don't want knowing that there are droves of well armed, well trained patriots in one spot. Good target for a MOAB!

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I don't think I am alone here in saying that Irish's thread (Are you prepared for mass civil disobedience?) should not have been closed. I know you want to keep the forum on track and focused, but there was more good information in that thread than I have seen in just about any other thread...aside from a couple people accusing the thread of being full of racists and wanting to be more "PC"...but I guess that's to be expected. Do what you want, but I would hate to see all that info go unnoticed by others who can keep things in perspective and not get their panties in a bunch.
    I think a better course of action would have been just deleting the posts and warning the author that started the slide.

Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

Feedback Score
    The more the gov't keeps talking about cutting defense the more i think an attack from terrorist type organization is probable.

I read a story today that Arkansas State Police detonated a suspicious package in front of a bank in Hot Springs. A little to close to home for me.

Feedback Score
    Idaho?! Where's that?! I was thinkin' Texas!

One of my customers just called me from the UK. He just made it home and said he had to make his way through some of the riots. He's a little wound up!
    Last edited by LRS143; 08-08-11 at 17:30.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast