Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help finding a good 3 point sling....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    What two-point have you used?
    VTAC Padded
    BFG Vickers
    Bulldog Equipment
    Israeli

If you have not used one of these and have not been instructed on how to properly use it, then I would not be suprised if you did not like them. And not all of these are all that great.

Proper integration of gear/equipment/weapons must include proper training, even if you are training yourself.

What do you do for work in which you are issued an Ameetec?
    I'm not sure who makes it, but they really are cheap ass slings. We used to have all 3 point slings, but our ICSF decided it would be a good idea to trade them in for some 2 point slings, and everyone hated them at first. They've grown on people by now, but theyre just too uncomfortable to do building checks with.

I haven't been properly trained with anything really on an AR-15. I just got mine, so Im new to them, except for the cheap ass Ameetecs we carry at work when there are F-16s or A-10s on the ramp. Everything I know about them is from reading online, but Id like to get some good training with them, even if I have to "train" myself in the proper use by reading online/buying videos, etc...

And to answer the last question, I'm civilian contracted Security Forces on the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Auxiliary Field in southern Arizona, about 80 miles south west of Phoenix. I'm sure no one on here knows where it is. Its just a small operation. Its actually an extension of Luke AFB, which is located in Glendale Arizona, just west of Phoenix. The BMGR (on the half that I work on) is mainly where all the fighter pilots from Luke do their training.
    "...any handgun being considered for serious law enforcement or self-defense use should be chambered for a cartridge that has a 4 as its first number and preferably a 5 as the second."

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    PM inbound
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    good three point.... no such animal
    +1

Tack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GLP Standard View Post
    I'm sure no one on here knows where it is.
    How sure are you? Willing to put money on it?
    TimW
    Phoenix

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimW View Post
    How sure are you? Willing to put money on it?
    Eh, I guess its always a possibility. Its just such a small operation in the middle of the middle of nowhere, so I thought no one would. That town is so small, the Welcome To and Now Leaving signs share the same post.

Feedback Score
    I have a Blackhawk 3-point sling attached to my patrol carbine. It attaches via a front side sling swivel and a strap threaded through the collapsible stock with no need for the GG&G rear sling thing. It is a little more on the pricey side but more often than not, you get what you pay for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12