Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of O'Henry's coffee beans

http://www.ohenryscoffeeroasting.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    The Aero press arrived today.

The only coffee I have right now is a local roaster's Breakfast Blend. It's not the freshest but I got a pretty good cup with it using 185deg. water and about 12g. of coffee in a fine perc. grind(somewhere between drip and espresso).

I need to get more Tanzanian Pea Berry green beans to roast. I have a feeling this will make a nice near espresso shot with good fresh coffee.

CLHC,
    How do you get the butter to whip up so nicely? I am using a cheap unsalted butter that I clarify myself. It whips up a bit but the foam goes flat very quickly.
    Nice going on the AeroPress for you!

With this inexpensive AeroLatte from Bed Bath & Beyond:

On that online site and YouTube, they said that the stirring with spoon or other stirrer (not saying that's what you did/do) doesn't workout so good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I used a similar "wand" different brand. It's probable a difference in the butter. As I said, I used Aldi's brand unsalted butter and clarified it in the microwave. I probably had to much solids left in my butter.

BTW, the flavor was nice. Smooth and mild. I just didn't get a good sustained froth.
    Last edited by luvmy40; 02-15-13 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    You guys are taking me back to the days when I worked at The Gendarme rock climbing shop...My boss used to buy this organic dark roast coffee, and since I was the only one that worked in the shop my job was to grind and brew it every morning...he kept it stocked...and I kept the stock rotated...regardless of how many customers we had Sadly now I've fallen to the lazy man's path of Folger's Dark Roast and a Mr. Coffee drip machine...I think you haven't had man coffee until you've had it from the percolater at deer camp. Drink your coffee then eat your breakfast off the bottom of the cup lol.
    "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." T.J. 'Stonewall' Jackson

Lifetime NRA Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    Montani Semper Liberi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonman View Post
    You guys are taking me back to the days when I worked at The Gendarme rock climbing shop...My boss used to buy this organic dark roast coffee, and since I was the only one that worked in the shop my job was to grind and brew it every morning...he kept it stocked...and I kept the stock rotated...regardless of how many customers we had Sadly now I've fallen to the lazy man's path of Folger's Dark Roast and a Mr. Coffee drip machine...I think you haven't had man coffee until you've had it from the percolater at deer camp. Drink your coffee then eat your breakfast off the bottom of the cup lol.
    John certainly knows his coffee
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    I worked there for Ack and Diane after John sold it, but John is the one that got me into IDPA, and the one responsible for my unhealthy affection for the 1911. I went back home and saw him recently, he showed me his new custom 1911...whew...sweet as butta'
    "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." T.J. 'Stonewall' Jackson

Lifetime NRA Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    Montani Semper Liberi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonman View Post
    I worked there for Ack and Diane after John sold it, but John is the one that got me into IDPA, and the one responsible for my unhealthy affection for the 1911. I went back home and saw him recently, he showed me his new custom 1911...whew...sweet as butta'
    Glad to hear the Flying Squirrel is still rocking on
    Cyril: Oh now that's a breach of trust!

Lana: Do you really want to open this can of trust-breachy worms after I just found you and my ex-boyfriend with a dead hooker in the trunk?

Cyril: ...I do not.

A Dream of the Dark Continent

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just got the Porlex Mini Grinder. It came from Japan and had no English print on the packaging or the instructions. It's a good thing I know how to operate a coffee grinder!</sarc>

This is a very nice piece of equipment! I am impressed with the quality. I have to say I balked a bit at the price when I ordered it but it is well worth the cost!

Feedback Score
    Just got the Porlex Mini Grinder. It came from Japan and had no English print on the packaging or the instructions. It's a good thing I know how to operate a coffee grinder!</sarc>

This is a very nice piece of equipment! I am impressed with the quality. I have to say I balked a bit at the price when I ordered it but it is well worth the cost!
    I was looking at these. Thanks for the post / info.

Feedback Score

Awesome! Here's where they explain the details of using the Porlex:

Porlex Mini Hand Mill

Yes! These Porlex are awesome to use and in my opinion, better than Hario's! I also picked up the Urnex Grindz that cleans the Porlex or other coffee grinder.

Enjoy!

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast