Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I picked up a lb. of Kona fresh out of the roaster on Friday. It is at it's peak this morning!

One scoop(Areo Press) of beans, Porlex Mini set at 3 clicks out(fine espresso grind), 2 ounces of 192 deg. f water, stir for a few seconds cap and press.

Not quite espresso but so smooth I had look to make sure there was no cream in my cup. My second cup was an Americano prepared the same way.

Now I'm going to have to start roasting again. I hadn't had time for it the last few years, but now that I'm back to one job I should be able to squeeze some roasting and brewing into the schedule

Feedback Score

Re: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

I have a nespresso at home, keurig(sp?) at the office as well as a french press at my desk. I preffer the press for flavor...but the other two are easy.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My girlfriend is in Hawaii this week and she is getting me a half pound of 100% Kona Extra Fancy and a half pound of Pure Kona Peaberry from Honolulu Coffee Company.

Thinking I might snag one of these Porlex grinders since all I have is a Capresso burr grinder at home and you have to pour a whole bag in.

Feedback Score
    Going to give this a try this evening since it came in today.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

I usually buy Starbucks dark kind whole bean and grind myself: coarse
    Then I use Eko-brew to my Keurig.

I usually pre-steam my Keurig, using a small serving of hot water from it. I use that small serving water to "wet" my fresh grind coffee. Once all "wet" then I brew a medium setting.

Its a throwback to a "pour over"

no cream...maybe caramel flavoring if I didn't buy ammo that month.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thinking about a manual grinder recently, as my electric burr grinder is having some minor issues with feeding beans...even after cleaning out the hopper. That means my volume of ground coffee varies a lot. Not good for a consistent cup!

Another decent place for green beans, is Caracolillo Coffee Mill.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had to do an annoyingly long study on fair trade, with the focus on coffee recently. It's kinda got me interested in trying some higher quality stuff. This thread only further inspires

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    This evening's brew:

Have an aeropress and grinder on the way. Been wanting to do this for the last year or so. Had been drinking keruig daily but a girl at work made some coffee with fresh ground beans and I said that's it dammit I'm getting a press and grinder. Such a better taste.

What stand/drip tray is this?
    Last edited by parishioner; 02-28-13 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Have an aeropress and grinder on the way. Been wanting to do this for the last year or so. Had been drinking keruig daily but a girl at work made some coffee with fresh ground beans and I said that's it dammit I'm getting a press and grinder. Such a better taste.

What stand/drip tray is this?
    That's the Zario 1 Cup Brew Station. For some reason or another could not find them here stateside, but surely these are popular in the UK where I got mine.
    Last edited by CLHC; 02-28-13 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Going to give this a try this evening since it came in today.

How did you like the La Colombe? I'm from the Harrisburg area and have a few pounds brought down when my parents visit. Love that stuff! If you are ever in Philly, you should stop by the cafe.

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast