Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I love coffee. back at my house i used a drip pot a lot but used my moka pot at work all the time. Some times the french press would go with me. I have since cut my coffee drinking down by a lot. since im leaving for boot camp soon and i know im hooked bad on it. headaches and such. im down to about a 1/2-1 cup per day from a pot before. i use to work at a hotel so i drank coffee all day that was roasted by a local company. it was good. even if it was the eco bulk blend, still better then most big brands. 8oclock is by every day stand by. when im setteld in i plan on picking up this drip up

http://www.amazon.com/Technivorm-Moc.../dp/B002S4DI2S

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The Miller/DPMS/American cheese of coffee...

fixed it for u

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My wife used to work for starbucks and she has been telling me I need to try out a french press for better taste.

Is there a particular way you prefer to grind the coffee, coarse vs fine to work best in that type of press?
    Last edited by jeremy45; 08-12-11 at 19:28.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Medium works for me. If its too fine too much soot gets through and causes a silty feeling. The strength can be metered by how long you leave the water in the press before seperating the grinds from the coffee (liquid type) not by the grind size.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Coffee

I dont drink...coffee. My wife on the other hand has a Bunn coffeemaker going all day. I buy her Starbucks beans and have them ground for the Bunn, she thinks I do that special, it was just cheaper. I'm not going to let her think any different.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSmoke View Post
    fixed it for u
    Because Budweiser's so much better.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy45 View Post
    My wife used to work for starbucks and she has been telling me I need to try out a french press for better taste.

Is there a particular way you prefer to grind the coffee, coarse vs fine to work best in that type of press?
    Course to medium is best, as fine will clog up your screen and or get past screen leaving a thick silt on bottom of mug.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Roast your own from Sweet Marias, or CCM Coffee. I roast in an old Gen 1 Poppery Hot Air popcorn maker. Grind it in a decent grinder, and french press it. I personally like to use too fine a grind for the french press, as I enjoy the coffee powder at the bottom after the coffee is gone. Tastes like semi-sweet chocolate to me.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    One cup always does me right an hour before lifting or jiu jitsu practice in the morning keeps ya regular and wakes you up enough to focus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy45 View Post

med is a good start, u can go smaller but then u get more sluge in yer cup. You want to use a real grinder not a 10$ walmart special. use a burr gridner over a spining blade. it will giver u a better flavor. its becuse of how it cuts the beans. its a even cut not a smash them up in random cuts

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast