Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You done good!
    Thanks, and Thank You for this Coffee Brew!

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    With a small amount of added skim milk, the frother gives you a nice foamy emulsion vs spots of coconut oil. Both tastes better and looks better, and may improve absorption of some of the compounds in the cocoa. Look forward to your report on how it made you feel!
    Last night I made the Bomb Proof Coffee (WBBPC) at just before 7:00PM and drank it all within 15 minutes. Now here's my take on it; I couldn't sleep until 4:30AM this morning! I know about the time, since I've been getting up and looking at what time it was. For some reason my mind kept on going and going and going, as in very active! Never had that happen to me before and I've drank caffeinated coffee past 9:00PM before and experienced no "Sleepless in Seattle" effect!

But here I am this afternoon and I made the WBBPC at 12:21PM:

Will Brink's Bomb Proof Coffee Cocktail

Shaken Not Stirred!

Still no AeroLatte Frother. So I improvised with the Cocktail Mix as pictured. And speaking of Bomb Proof Coffee via the Cocktail Shaken Not Stirred method, don't do it when it's hot! Reason is that it did EXPLODE on me and I made a mess all over the counter! I'm guessing the pressure built up in there due to the heat escaping that I'm ignorant about would cause that, and all to happen when I'm holding it and shaking it.

But I must say, second (2nd) day on this WBBPC is something that I'm really liking!
    Last edited by CLHC; 12-25-14 at 14:47.

Feedback Score
    ^ That looks fantastic.

Feedback Score
    Day three (3) on the WBBPC, and still under the weather. But I'm wide awake.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth4lf View Post
    ^ That looks fantastic.
    It is. It's also good for you. Vids how to make it and the science behind it, posted above.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Thanks, and Thank You for this Coffee Brew!

Last night I made the Bomb Proof Coffee (WBBPC) at just before 7:00PM and drank it all within 15 minutes. Now here's my take on it; I couldn't sleep until 4:30AM this morning! I know about the time, since I've been getting up and looking at what time it was. For some reason my mind kept on going and going and going, as in very active! Never had that happen to me before and I've drank caffeinated coffee past 9:00PM before and experienced no "Sleepless in Seattle" effect!
    Personally, I just have my one mug in the morning on an empty stomach (best effects will be on a empty stomach) while making breakfast. I don't drink coffee past noon as a rule. I'd say best to try early in the day so as to not experience what you did.

Still no AeroLatte Frother. So I improvised with the Cocktail Mix as pictured. And speaking of Bomb Proof Coffee via the Cocktail Shaken Not Stirred method, don't do it when it's hot! Reason is that it did EXPLODE on me and I made a mess all over the counter! I'm guessing the pressure built up in there due to the heat escaping that I'm ignorant about would cause that, and all to happen when I'm holding it and shaking it.
    Note to self, don't put it in a shaker hot. Good safety tip

But I must say, second (2nd) day on this WBBPC is something that I'm really liking!
    Good deal! You'll get a nice all day clear headed focused effect, without crash of jitter type stimulation I find.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cool! Would like to know your take on that Kopi Luwak. I brewed mine via AeroPress/Chemex/Siphon. Straight Black all the way! I liked it via AeroPress[ed] Brewed with the SS (Stainless Steel) Disk instead of the PF (Paper Filter). For me and my tastes on it, it's the oils!
    Do you use the stainless filter often? I dont have one, but my local roaster sells them, I think they are only 10 bucks. The paper filters work pretty good, but does the stainless let more oils through that the paper would otherwise absorb?

Did you drink any of the Kopi Luwac at full strength from the AeroPress or did you dilute it with water? Wondering if I should get some type of high end bottled water instead of tap water to keep my water from causing the coffee to pick up a weird taste.

Feedback Score
    Got a keurig for Xmas. Who makes the best coffee in k-cups ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Do you use the stainless filter often? I dont have one, but my local roaster sells them, I think they are only 10 bucks. The paper filters work pretty good, but does the stainless let more oils through that the paper would otherwise absorb?

Did you drink any of the Kopi Luwac at full strength from the AeroPress or did you dilute it with water? Wondering if I should get some type of high end bottled water instead of tap water to keep my water from causing the coffee to pick up a weird taste.
    I use mostly the paper filter with the exception when brewing Kopi Luwak or certain specialty coffee. I find that the SS Disk does allow more of the oils to come through.

With the Kopi Luwak I had via the AeroPress, I did "dilute" to an Americano. Again, I drank that specific coffee in black only.

By the way, the water I do use is simply the filtered one via my GE Refrigerator.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink
    Personally, I just have my one mug in the morning on an empty stomach (best effects will be on a empty stomach) while making breakfast. I don't drink coffee past noon as a rule. I'd say best to try early in the day so as to not experience what you did.
    I'll have to remember that prior to eating anything first.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink
    Good deal! You'll get a nice all day clear headed focused effect, without crash of jitter type stimulation I find.
    Indeed!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll have to remember that prior to eating anything first.

Indeed!
    The effects are quite profound, at least for me. Been in the biz of designing formulas, supps, etc for two decades + at this point, and nothing has effected me in such a positive way as this formula does, and that includes having used all the ingredients separate many times. There appears to be some real synergism going on, and that's what was hoped for and expected from it.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-27-14 at 09:20.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast