Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk coffee!!!!!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Got some 8 O'clock 100% Colombian whole bean to try today. Last brand I had was Independence Jet Fuel.

Feedback Score
    For the first time, I tried some Turkish Coffee, Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi with an Ibrik or Cezve. Still experimenting with it.

Trying to get the foam/froth going. Whoa, quite "strong" if you will!
    Last edited by CLHC; 08-28-11 at 20:26. Reason: Forgot to add latter pic shot.

Feedback Score
    Still experimenting with the "technique" for that "perfect" cup of coffee. They say it's all in the grind, not too fine and not too coarse. Getting there!

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Coffee with some aspirin right before you run is the shit.
    Truth.

This thread makes me feel inadequate.... My Mr. Coffee and Folgers doesn't seem to make the cut here.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Truth.

This thread makes me feel inadequate.... My Mr. Coffee and Folgers doesn't seem to make the cut here.

Woefully so. Thats not coffee, and hell be upon the person that puts sugar or creamer into coffee I make. Once you go black you never go back.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Woefully so. Thats not coffee, and hell be upon the person that puts sugar or creamer into coffee I make. Once you go black you never go back.
    Does it make it any better that I drink it black?

I'm pretty sure we registered for a french press for my upcoming wedding, so maybe after that I can work on my coffee making ability.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Does it make it any better that I drink it black?

I'm pretty sure we registered for a french press for my upcoming wedding, so maybe after that I can work on my coffee making ability.

Lets just say even Target has about 5 different Bodum presses. A press and a grinder would be cheaper than most pot n burner makers and make 100X better the product.

Feedback Score
    Aerobie AeroPress:

I must say, quite surprised with the smooth clean crisp taste especially with Espresso Vivace's Dolce (roast date 09/15/2011) coffee! Mind you, that particular bean was intended for espresso machines and while the AeroPress isn't an espresso maker, it sure did press a very finely made up of coffee!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    pick up one of the stainless steel filters for the aeropress, it cuts down on waste, should last forever, and I found that it improves the flavor, I could always taste a hint of the paper filter, the SS one doesn't impart any flavor to the coffee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    pick up one of the stainless steel filters for the aeropress, it cuts down on waste, should last forever, and I found that it improves the flavor, I could always taste a hint of the paper filter, the SS one doesn't impart any flavor to the coffee.
    Indeed, I have the SS filter but haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet. Before pressing, I run water through the paper filter for about 2 or 3 minutes (just my way of doing it) before screwing it onto the Aerobie. For some reason while this unit is "new" for me, I like doing the inverted method.

Enjoy!

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast