Thread: Blackwater Holster?

Feedback Score

Blackwater Holster?

Has anyone used one?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Has anyone used one?
    Do you mean a Blackhawk holsters like the CQC w/Serpa lock?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Shihan-

Are you talking about the universal holster? Has three straps that go around it? Supposed to work with or without mounted lights?

I am also interested, but hesitant.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Shihan-

Are you talking about the universal holster? Has three straps that go around it? Supposed to work with or without mounted lights?

I am also interested, but hesitant.
    Yup thats the one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only details I know about the BW gear is:

-BW does not issue it out to their own IC's.

-Uncle Mikes makes it (supposedly here in the US)

...It's not much but for what it's worth it may help you make your decision minus seeing one.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Im sure even Uncle Mikes can make something halfway decent if given the right set of instructions, well maybe.
    It may be a clue that BW dosent issue them? But does BW issue a standard sidearm? if so they may be working around that.
    It would be nice if it worked as advertised because of the versatility, I might have to play lab rat but I ws hoping someone already had.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've got one. I used it on my plate carrier for a while. There are better holsters available. I'm currently using it with my 21SF and a TT small drop leg platform until I find a left hand 6004 to fit it. Construction and materials are good with the exception of the retention strap. It is a little too soft IMO. Overall, I'd say it's standard generic multi use gear. Replace the thumb break with something more substantial, perhaps the one from an Eagle or TT holster would make it better.

Feedback Score
    Since its adjustable is there anyway for the weapon to fall out? I cant tell from pics if there is a bottom or if it is completely open?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Since its adjustable is there anyway for the weapon to fall out? I cant tell from pics if there is a bottom or if it is completely open?

It's an open bottom, but there is a piece of velcro that goes through a slot on each side of the holster and is sandwiched between the outer shell and the holster this is how you adjust how deep your weapon sits in the holster. There is the same setup on the rear of the holster to adjust front to back play. If you adjust it with a light on the gun it won't hold the gun without the light. I hope this helps; I don't believe I'm doing too good at explaining.

Edit: After using it for seven months I don't know if I would buy another. I bought this one when I was at Blackwater. I broke my 6004 on day 1 and needed a left handed holster quick to finish the week. I've been using it as a stop gap for various guns I don't necessarily need in a 6004 or when a better holster I like isn't available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    It's an open bottom, but there is a piece of velcro that goes through a slot on each side of the holster and is sandwiched between the outer shell and the holster this is how you adjust how deep your weapon sits in the holster. There is the same setup on the rear of the holster to adjust front to back play. If you adjust it with a light on the gun it won't hold the gun without the light. I hope this helps; I don't believe I'm doing too good at explaining.
    You did great, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast