Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess who bought a M&P today?

Feedback Score
    Interesting observation Mark. I found myself having the opposite issues. High with my Glocks, and dead on with my M&P's. Ditto the felt recoil. Seemed to me to be just a shade less muzzle rise on the M&P for me than on my Glocks. Could be one of those things that the M&P grip angle, etc. is just right for me, and the Glock angle and such better for you. Just another reason that I feel both are excellent weapons, and one should just go with which works best for him individually. Thats why its impossible to accurately answer when someone asks which is better, or which they should get, etc., etc...
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Interesting observation Mark. I found myself having the opposite issues. High with my Glocks, and dead on with my M&P's. Ditto the felt recoil. Seemed to me to be just a shade less muzzle rise on the M&P for me than on my Glocks. Could be one of those things that the M&P grip angle, etc. is just right for me, and the Glock angle and such better for you. Just another reason that I feel both are excellent weapons, and one should just go with which works best for him individually. Thats why its impossible to accurately answer when someone asks which is better, or which they should get, etc., etc...
    Different loads change things. I shot some 127 +p+ compared to the ball with my 17 and at 50 yards, a bit of difference on the plates. Center mass hold for the hot stuff vs. 6 with the ball. I didn't have enough 127 to shoot the M&P with it. I was 6-8"below 6 o'clock with the M&P at 50 to hit the plate.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll give yo $300 cash for it!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I'll give yo $300 cash for it!
    Negatron Bra!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Negatron Bra!
    $325

Come on, you know you don't like it...I'm helping you out...

Feedback Score
    Negatron Bra!
    Marc's got both sides of the "evil influence" thing down pat!

Buy! Sell! Buy! Sell!
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    Marc's got both sides of the "evil influence" thing down pat!

Buy! Sell! Buy! Sell!
    Who? Me? Noooooooooooo....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'll be shooting it some more on Tuesday. Going to try the large insert again. Although the 3 dot sights are ok, I may spray sight black to give me a clean outline. I was looking at the Warren's last week at BW when he was there for the IDPA match and really liked the plain black ones. The bar dots would be great for carry. Concerning the inserts, I would like the large minus the palm swell, I believe it gave more front to back area. I'm guessing since Hk has the interchangeable side panels, SW might add a other inserts for width adjustments.

Why am I typing this now-because I just lost my be-hind in Hold'em!
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 11-03-07 at 21:46. Reason: info
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    To me and another shooter, the felt recoil is a tad more. I think the slide feels alittle heavier, could be me.
    I see what you're talking about. This morning I shot my M&P9 and G19 side by side and the M&P9 slide did feel slightly heavier. I noticed this the most when I shot the M&P after the G19 but it sorted of melted away by the time I got to the end of the magazine. I didn't notice it slowing up my follow up shots and since the M&P is so comfy I didn't have to readjust my grip like I constantly do with my G19.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You know I was looking at the sights again and what I noticed was if you line up the dots of the sights as if you drew a line through the center of the dots, the front sight is slightly lower than the rear(referring to the actual steel of the sights)

I reflected back and remember when we had the Novak's on our 59/69 series, the two didn't correspond. (the dots and the steel)

So, that will most likely be the cause. You see, I use the sight outline vs the dots. That's why I liked the Warren plain sights, the dots are to much of a distraction for me. I guess one day when I'm old, I may need them though.

I purposely didn't get the night sights since I planned to not keep the stock ones on it.

The transformation is reborn!

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast