Had a friend once that bought a Glock 23 at the same time I bought a Glock 27. We took them to the range at the same time and he couldn't hit anything but the dirt in front of the target. He was convinced it was the gun, but when I watched him shoot, I could see him flinching and pulling his shots badly. He'd only ever shot a .22 rifle prior to this, and the .40 recoil was a bit much for him. I told him about this and offered some corrective advice, but he wouldn't hear it. He KNEW it was the gun.

A few weeks later, we went out to the range again, and I learned that he had gotten a set of adjustable sights installed. He spent the better part of the morning dicking around with the little screwdriver that came with the sights and still couldn't hit anything. He finally got frustrated after seeing me knock down a string of five bowling pins that we had set out at about 50 feet. He'd been trying all day and barely hit any of them.

He slammed the gun down on the bench and cursed it out. I again told him it wasn't the gun and tried again to help guide him in the right direction, but he got all hostile and said, "If you know so much, try shooting those with this piece of $&!+!" and shoved his 23 towards me. I picked up and loaded the gun, grabbed the little screwdriver, centered his rear sight and knocked down five pins with five shots. He got pissed, packed up his stuff and left. I think the worst part for him was that we were there with our girlfriends, and his started laughing at him after I proved him wrong. It wasn't my intention, but that's how it turned out.

He actually sold the 23 after that and bought something else.