Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best issued ruck marching boot

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Bootsgeek;2694796]It's my TOP 3 choice of best boots for rucking:

Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots
    Danner Tachyon Duty Boots
    Magnum Elite Spider 8.0 Boots

These boots are extremely lightweight, comfortable and have an outsole with good resistance.

If you need more information about these and other best boots for rucking you can use this materials free - SHILL URL

Made an account here just to revive an ancient thread and to drive clicks to your website? Sweet move, good luck with that plan.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 01-23-19 at 19:18. Reason: edited by mod to remove shill's URL
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Bootsgeek;2694796]It's my TOP 3 choice of best boots for rucking:

Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots
    Danner Tachyon Duty Boots
    Magnum Elite Spider 8.0 Boots

These boots are extremely lightweight, comfortable and have an outsole with good resistance.

If you need more information about these and other best boots for rucking you can use this materials free - SHILL URL

Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    Made an account here just to revive an ancient thread and to drive clicks to your website? Sweet move, good luck with that plan.
    Not only that, but the OP is about issued boots. None of those boots are issued and I know just from the name that the S&Ws are far from even authorized.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 01-23-19 at 19:19. Reason: edited by mod to remove shill's URL
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    Please, don't be so rude, fellow. It's my opinion about rucking boots based on 10+ year experience in hunting and hiking.

I'll be appreciate to you for your own opinion about these boots or any other.

Feedback Score
    https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=Bootsgeek.com

All pictures in the About Me are stock photos. Uses Amazon affiliates to make money.

Hmm...
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    The best boot for rucking is the issued hot weather boot. Have the toe and ankle cups pulled out, lace it with gutted 550 skipping the lace holes over the crease at the ankle. Put in whatever Superfeet insole fits your foot profile, or pony up the coin for custom orthotics.

Do not do the full SOPC Special most do when they pull the cups. That sole is slicker than snot if you so much as touch mud. I had a pair that I wore for shit like log PT or kit runs when we would be on hardball, but I honestly hated them.

If you can get away from issued boots, I have a soft spot for the Garmont T8.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I have a soft spot for the Garmont T8.
    So does literally everyone I know that's ever tried them. I'm the only person I know of that hates them.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsgeek View Post
    Please, don't be so rude, fellow. It's my opinion about rucking boots based on 10+ year experience in hunting and hiking.

I'll be appreciate to you for your own opinion about these boots or any other.
    I'll appreciate you paying to become an advertising sponsor, and not leach off our bandwidth. You did the same thing at two other websites I visit.

You also did not post the appropriate info in your sig line, in violation of forum rules.

So, bye.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    If anybody spots a new user that smells like the shill I just perma-banned, let a mod or staff member know.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Whoever could you be talking about fellow?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had the best luck with re-soled Jungle (hot-weather) boots. I don't remember exactly which soles I got, but they were soft, with good traction, and a smoother heel to toe angle (instead of the pronounced OEM heel that comes on those)

Once you figure out your boots - add the following to your setup:
    - several pairs of good WOOL socks.
    - “bag-balm” - (comes in a green metal can) literally lather your feet in this stuff before you put your socks on. Pretty sure they still sell it at Wally-World. (May sound silly, but trust me it works!)

This literally made the difference between almost not making 18 miles thru the mountains and 3-4 days of painful blister recovery vs literally run-walking and zero blisters (not even a hot spot) and zero down time the next time, when I used it.

bagbalm.jpg
    Last edited by boomer223; 02-09-19 at 18:44.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast