Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best issued ruck marching boot

Feedback Score

Best issued ruck marching boot

I am getting ready to go to a school that requires a LOT of ruck marching. They only allow issue boots but you can gucci them out if you like. Does anyone out there have any suggestions of boots to buy that are ISSUED to the army or authorized army issue boots? Any favorite brands already used? Also does anyone know of a good online resoling service?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Get yourself a pair of good insoles, for whichever boots you end up getting. Makes a big difference when rucking.

Sole insoles are pretty much top of the pops.

http://www.amazon.com/Sole-Unisex-So.../dp/B001N0LDVQ

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I wore Belleville 390s on rucks ranging from 5-18 miles over the past few years. They're sturdy, inexpensive, light and comfortable. I wore nothing but issued socks (never changed during the ruck) and I never had hot spots or blisters.

You probably know about all of the moleskin, sock preference, insole, etc. crap so I won't get into that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just came out of a school that authorized only "issue" boots. A lot of guys wore the Blackhawk Warrior Wear boots and the Cadre did not have a problem. I wore my issued Altama Hot Weather boots for ruck-marches and almost all of my toe nails are now black and about to fall off.

To play it safe, I'd recommend wearing the issue Belleville Goretex/Cold-Weather boots. Make sure they give you enough room in the toe box, and you can duct-tape some of the seams inside the boot to avoid rubbing. My Cold Weather Bellevilles are infinitely more comfortable than my Hot Weather Altamas and are waterproof to boot. Finally, mole skin the shit out of your hot-spots before you move (but you probably already knew that). Good luck, and I hope this was helpful.
    Last edited by Kchen986; 08-15-11 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used Oakley hot weather boots for a few years. I had no problems with my feet at the EFMB qual ruck march (or any other event) during or after with them. Left the standard insoles in and used issue socks and LOTS of foot powder.

Feedback Score
    I hate playing the "issue" only game. I know exactly what you mean.
    I highly recommend going to a place like "Fleet feet" that custom cut and even fit store bought insoles. They check your step with 1K more care than even the most sincere Drill Sergeant at Benning. I always bring my desired boot to them and have them check 'em, and fit my insoles.
    As far as insoles go I love my Green Superfeet, your color choice may vary on foot type, but most guys use the green ones.
    For boots that fit the issue requirement I use my Belleville 390 Deserts. I lucked into a pair in 2003 and they do the job. I recently got a Nomex pair that are only slightly heavier but give great support. Nothing beats my LOWA's, but unfortunately Big Army hates them.

Good Luck,
    SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    I wear my winter boots, which I am pretty sure are Bellville. They are way more comfy than my summer Wellco boots.

Bring lots of moleskin, powder, and get some really good socks from your local outdoors shop. Anything to cut down on friction and moisture.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    I once attended a Army course with a great deal of importance was placed on land nav and rucking.

I used the green jungle boot, that had been gutted (heel and toe caps removed), with vbram soles. I had the best insoles and socks I could buy.

I also made "foot repair" kit I put in the top flap of my ruck. This was so I could fix any blisters or hot spots I had quickly and get back on the move. Good luck and don't quit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    I hate playing the "issue" only game. I know exactly what you mean.
    I highly recommend going to a place like "Fleet feet" that custom cut and even fit store bought insoles. They check your step with 1K more care than even the most sincere Drill Sergeant at Benning. I always bring my desired boot to them and have them check 'em, and fit my insoles.
    As far as insoles go I love my Green Superfeet, your color choice may vary on foot type, but most guys use the green ones.
    For boots that fit the issue requirement I use my Belleville 390 Deserts. I lucked into a pair in 2003 and they do the job. I recently got a Nomex pair that are only slightly heavier but give great support. Nothing beats my LOWA's, but unfortunately Big Army hates them.

Good Luck,
    SOS
    Great info, thanks for that!

Feedback Score
    It's my TOP 3 choice of best boots for rucking:

Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots
    Danner Tachyon Duty Boots
    Magnum Elite Spider 8.0 Boots

These boots are extremely lightweight, comfortable and have an outsole with good resistance.

If you need more information about these and other best boots for rucking you can use this materials free - SHILL URL
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 01-23-19 at 19:18. Reason: edited by mod to remove shill's URL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast