Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing the Right Weapon Light

Feedback Score

Choosing the Right Weapon Light

Hey guys, Hows it going? I have a small Dilemma and I'm hoping you guys can help me. I'm Trying to Decide which Type of Weapon Light to buy and install in my rifle, is it better to have a weapon light like the Surefire x300 or is it better to buy a surefire hand held flashlight and install it with a mount?

Any help would be Greatly Appreciate it, Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this.
    Last edited by m4userforlife; 10-16-09 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    I have a Streamlight TLR 2 it's really bright is LED which means it has good battery life and a laser.You can get the TLR 1 it doesn't have the laser and it will mount on a picatinny or 1913 rail.It comes with the mounts.

Feedback Score
    Up to preference. I prefer a LED surefire flashlight on an offset mount to cast the shadow of the barrel more out of the way (up or down depending on how it's mounted).

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have an x300. Very versatile in that you can use it on your rifle or take it off and mount on your pistol. It's an excellent weapon light, very bright and very good throw. IMO, one of the best values out there. I don't think you can go wrong with an x300.

I also have a couple of Surefire G2s in Vltor offset scout mount. This is a great setup for my limited uses and is cheaper than the x300 by about $125. The G2s are great to have around the house for other uses as well.

Feedback Score
    For me I would recomend Surefire.

I have a X 300 on my M&P
    L4 as my working light and the 900A on my rifle.

How you mount them is up to you, for what works best.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The best weaponlight bang-for-the-buck would be a Surfire G2 LED in your choice of mount.

M4C Cliche: It depends on your uses; is this a defensive weapon? What are you mounting it to? What sort of optic are you using? Are you using a VFG? What sort of budget are you working with?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    The best weaponlight bang-for-the-buck would be a Surfire G2 LED in your choice of mount.

M4C Cliche: It depends on your uses; is this a defensive weapon? What are you mounting it to? What sort of optic are you using? Are you using a VFG? What sort of budget are you working with?

I'm using this as a Defensive Weapon, my rifle its an AR15 with a daniel defense omega rail, Using a Eotech 511, Im Using a Stubby VFG, and last but not least Im trying to keep it under $200.
    Last edited by m4userforlife; 10-17-09 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4userforlife View Post
    Hey guys, Hows it going? I have a small Dilemma and I'm hoping you guys can help me. I'm Trying to Decide which Type of Weapon Light to buy and install in my rifle, is it better to have a weapon light like the Surefire x300 or is it better to buy a surefire hand held flashlight and install it with a mount?
    That depends on your setup and your finances. A G2 in something like a VLTOR mount is relatively inexpensive to boot. Personally I use the G2 with LED elements on my carbines. If I had a 12:00 mounting option I'd be using an X300.

Quote Originally Posted by m4userforlife View Post
    I'm using this as a Defensive Weapon, my rifle its an AR15 with a daniel defense omega rail, Using a Eotech 511, Im Using a Stubby VFG, and last but not real Im trying to keep it under $200.
    I'm assuming you have the carbine length Omega with a standard front sight base, correct?

If so, the G2 might be more cost effective than the X300...although the X300 is super nice.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 10-17-09 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    That depends on your setup and your finances. A G2 in something like a VLTOR mount is relatively inexpensive to boot. Personally I use the G2 with LED elements on my carbines. If I had a 12:00 mounting option I'd be using an X300.

I'm assuming you have the carbine length Omega with a standard front sight base, correct?

If so, the G2 might be more cost effective than the X300...although the X300 is super nice.

Yeah that's is the setup I'm running at the Moment, BTW if i choose to buy the X300 do i need to buy a separate mount for it? or does it attach to the rails on its on?
    Last edited by m4userforlife; 10-17-09 at 21:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The X300 will mount to the DD rail on it's own...but outfits like LaRue make a QD lever mount if you like that functionality. The X300 makes for a great carbine light.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast