Thread: CRKT Crawford N.E.C.K. worth it?

Feedback Score

CRKT Crawford N.E.C.K. worth it?

I am going to be carrying CRKT Crawford N.E.C.K for my last ditch defense every day. Does anyone have one or any comments on the knife. Still haven't got it. Just want some feedback on it. P.s waiting until Christmas and getting coldsteel recon 1 or American laWman. What does everyone think of these two?
    Last edited by wwright521; 08-14-11 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been waiting to see if anyone would respond - but I'll give it a shot.

About 4 or 5 years ago I bought 3 CRKT knives. The model was the "Crawford". It's nothing like the NECK knife. I also can't say whether their quality has increased, decreased, or stayed the same since then.

I gave one knife to a friend and one to an employee. Mine has been great. I've been spreading the word of CRKT since then. They seem much bigger now then they were at the time I purchased mine.

The blade came extremely sharp. It was hard enough to hold an edge but soft enough to easily sharpen. The folding mechanism is just now starting to get a little loose. When I find the proper star bit - I'll tighten it down. Or I may just buy another. They've went up in price since, but are still very affordable. I believe I payed $18 per knife at the time.

Would I wear the NECK? No. But that's personal preference. I couldn't see myself wearing a blade that doubles as a fashion accessory. There are just too many places to carry one or multiple knives at on the body with a lot less problems.

I've been looking hard at their "Sting" fixed blade designed by AG Russell. Seems like a good low profile knife that could double as a boot knife if I'm in hiking shoes. Or even clipped inside of track pants easily while jogging.

If you want an inexpensive knife with true defensive purposes - the Kabar TDI is very fast and comfortable. I view my knives as cutting tools much more then weapons though. So for me - a nice folder is perfect. I'll often carry the mini Gerber (name escapes me) regardless if I'm carrying a bigger knife. It's so small you don't notice it, it's inexpensive, and most stores carry it (Meijers, Gander Mountain, etc). That way I just pitch it once the blade is spent.

Just my $0.02 though. Worth what you payed for it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Concave edge and tanto point will be difficult to maintain, holes in the blade serve little purpose, stock sheath looks really bulky.

Personally, no, I wouldn't get one or recommend it the way it is.

The Gerber Guardian is a good value for a small $50 range fixed blade. The stock sheath isn't great, but there are good sheaths available for them.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advise guys. Will help me out in my decision.

And to Jim- You wouldn't go with the recon series knives?
    Last edited by wwright521; 08-15-11 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    If so possible and circumstances permitting, try taking a look at RaidOps.

http://raidops.com/yshop/shop/list.php?ca_id=10

Feedback Score
    Checkout www.silentsoldierknife.com Made out of D2 steel!