Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any (bird) hunters on here?

Feedback Score
    Grew up with dove and duck hunting, now trying to get back into it after a 9 year hiatus. I've learned the hard way just how perishable wingshooting skills are--almost 16 years of it but with almost a decade out of it makes it like I never did it at all
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Finally got my pup on some wild HUNS!!!! Im hooked in the worst way!!!! Four day upland safari coming up in dec., on the hunt for huns and chuks!!!

Anyone else bird hunting?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do some pheasant hunting from time to time when I am up with family. My uncle has a pair of Britney Spaniels, both from the same litter, good dogs and work damn well together. Missed it this year, but did a good deal last year and a few years before me and my father went out to Iowa for a pheasant, were flushing six and eight and sometimes more birds at a go. Forget removing the plugs from our Franchis we needed mag fed shotguns

I suppose I should break the shotguns down and give them a good cleaning since they aren't getting used this year. May have to look out for another Franchi after the first, have thought about trying to find another Hunter's model AL48 like my Dad's, or a 12 gauge version, harder to find but I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Got invited to a friend's place for quail hunting earlier this month. I'd never done any bird hunting. I've been three times this month and now I'm hooked.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Finally got my pup on some wild HUNS!!!! Im hooked in the worst way!!!! Four day upland safari coming up in dec., on the hunt for huns and chuks!!!

Anyone else bird hunting?
    J-Dub way to go! Perdix perdix are my favorites to hunt above all game birds. What kind of dog and where were you hunting?
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    American Brittany, as to where....we'll just say somewhere north of CO and south of MT.

In certain areas I've found good numbers of Huns, which is fine by me because theres nothing like a covey rise in front of a dog turned to stone.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 11-28-12 at 06:58.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345