Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any (bird) hunters on here?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Going to get my stamps tomorrow...I'm getting pretty psyched.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yep, Doves mostly. But i did get a brittany puppy and the training is about to begin.

I plan on starting to hunt more upland and waterfowl in the next years. I also plan on picking up a 28ga O/U...
    Last edited by J-Dub; 08-20-11 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Bad news for my potential turkey hunt this year: when someone was mowing our field they accidentally ran over the turkey nest. Only the hen got away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite is quail hunting and grouse is a close second. I have been away for the past six seasons and, in that time, have lost one dog to SARDS and the other to old age. At some point, I will get a couple of young dogs and start the training process over again. This time, I will include my son in the process. At 14 months, he, too, will need some training.

Feedback Score
    Yep dove hunt, quail, pheasant, chukars. Going down to NV in Oct to do chukar with my brother.

Feedback Score
    Wingshooting is my favorite type of hunting. Waterfowl is my primary game, and deer season is really something to just keep me from being bored in between bird seasons.

Dove season is like early target practice for ducks.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    Wingshooting is my favorite type of hunting. Waterfowl is my primary game, and deer season is really something to just keep me from being bored in between bird seasons.

Dove season is like early target practice for ducks.
    I hear ya; I LOVE duck hunting. What a rush.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys will dig these action pics...check out the shot knocking the dust off the doves. Very good captures whoever did the camera work.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=228323

It's going to be a banner year for dove & whitewing...I'll be helping a friend do some guiding on his farm & so ready for the labor day opener.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm a very ardent waterfowler. I've got 2 labs and if we aren't hunting we are running Hunt Tests and Field Trials in the off season. I also love dove hunting along with upland birds. Being in NC we get a decent duck season. It's best along the coast and in northeastern NC. Can't wait until Sept. 3rd! Opening day of dove season. Starts off all the fall hunting seasons for us. That same day early goose season and archery deer season start.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like to kill all our feathered friends, but nothing beats pointing dogs on MT Huns
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast