Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: SHTF/GUARD DOG BREEDS

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 68W View Post
    Man this thread cuts deep and keeps pouring salt in me. I miss my friend. He was put down for cancer 2014 and I still think about him every day. A GSD that was intensely loyal and protective of me, my wife and kids, and home. Helped me out of a couple bad scenarios and my kids were safe outside from 2 or 4 legged hazards. Wife isn't ready to let me get another one yet, her plate is full at the house. So, I'll continue to have a bit of emptiness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Sorry for your loss. It is amazing how much a dog can be a part of the family. I had to put down my Jack last year. He was 18 and my best friend for over half of my life. Miss him to this day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite expression concerning our pets is that there are many people who would not be allowed in the life boat if I had to sacrifice(throw out)my dog to make room for them. Our last dog died in May, and I certainly understand the grief others feel after having lost their pets.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a Catahoula Bulldog and he's the most loyal loving dog I've ever had, my moms Jack Russell beats him everyday and its funny to see a 18lb dog attack a 75lb dog. But if anybody comes close to me or my family this dog is very protective, not vicious just protective . My dad had him at the dog park one day and another guy saw my dads USMC hat and came up and quickly put his hand out toward my dad for a handshake, right then Marko grabbed that guys hand in his mouth, didn't bite just grabbed and growled until my Dad told him to let go. Luckily the guy knew the dog was just being protective of his master when someone was invading his space and didn't make a deal of it. So he is definitely a keeper.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have 2 GSD's, they go through a bag of Taste of the Wild every 10 days. These two will be gone about the time Im closer to retirement and downsizing everything, will be looking for a Caanan dog.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839