Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Add-On Accessory have you come to hate and why?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    3 point slings. Damnit people, get out of 2002 and into the present.
    I have suspicions that the 3 point sling was a practical joke played on the World by some German.

Feedback Score
    I think I am an ass based on this thread but I think a minor ass-grip pod and it's on a carbine. Got it last week to try on my DD but have not tried it yet.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Weapon mounted lights with wire-connect pressure switches; I see too many of the damn things snag on stuff, fray, come loose or get lost.
    Last edited by AZ-Renegade; 08-19-11 at 12:04.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    Getting a flat top with a detachable carry handle and installing a scope mount that has four rails and cantilevers out over the handguard so you can put your stupid lasers and 3.00$ Advanced Auto flashlights on it, and your BSA scope.

I've seen it at the range.

Also, I agree with pretty much everything so far, and I would never drop 90$ on a CTR for the stupid lock.

Also,

anything made by NCSTAR,BSA,PRO-MAG, etc...

Edit: Just wanted to add that I think the Magpul UBR is a terrible stock for a carbine. It is so heavy and why did I pay so much to have such a heavy stock? I'd rather have the A2....
    Last edited by turdbocharged; 08-19-11 at 12:20. Reason: added something

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bi-Pods. Even if its "just for the pic".

Anything Mako, the stupid VFG with light thats "Trigger" activated.

Magwell grips.

Plumcrazy lowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    The only plus to the CTR is the QD attachement points, again not worth the dinero.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbocharged View Post
    ......3.00$ Advanced Auto flashlights...
    Now, that there is funny.........................!!
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    GripPod. Yeah, it does have some application, but in general; it forces placement that is sub-optimal for either VFG use or bipod use, doesn't swivel or cant, is huge, sucks to shoot with unless you are a chicken-choke grip fan, is really tall and non-adjustable, and offers little over a magazine monopod.
    For sure.
    Although I kept mine as it is somewhat usefull to me for bench shooting when zeroing my rifle.

Knock-Off Optics. 'Nuff said.

This is my most hated accessory group by far. Especially after a certain personal experiance with them....
    If you ever run across somebody who doesn't understand why you'd pay more for a certain brand, buy them one of these accursed things. Once they've thrown it to the ground in frustration they'll get it.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I always like the grip pod fan boys. Uhm, your AR came with a "pod." It is called the magazine and you set it on the deck (works well).

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a bipod that I use rarely to bench shoot (weighs less than throwing sand bags into my range bag), and I have the BCM Gunfighter- hopefully those two things are forgiven!!

I don't hate any single type of accessory, I guess- I just hate it when the reason for someone getting it is 100% to 'look cool', knowing it's probably not going to work in any real situation (but they say its just as good as Tijicon or whatever else).

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast