Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badger bolt handle?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Badger bolt handle?

Can you buy an upgraded bolt handle without trashing your existing rem700 handle. I know nothing about this, but would like an upgraded handle while retaining original handle should I decide to revert back. Is this possible?

Is badger the best? Who else offers such handles?
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I went with this upon recommendation from lillebowski:

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/...s/boltlift.php

It's not as clean looking as a solid bolt handle upgrade, but it works great.
    Last edited by AZ-Renegade; 08-19-11 at 14:52. Reason: Because I hate the word "tactical"
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I remember seeing his post and liked it. I dig it. Does it just clamp over top so to speak? I just took a quick glance at the webpage.

That just might be GTG for me. Do you like it? Is it sturdy? Any downside?
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Used to be Arizona Precision:

http://www.phoenixcustomrifles.com/Products.html

Have two of his Varminter handles. Strong and well made, install is threaded on both ends.

That said, it permanently mods the bolt handle
    Last edited by avmech; 08-19-11 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one of the KRG bolt lifts, installed it in 2 minutes. Clears my scope with medium height rings, would probably clear it if it was low rings. And its easy on the wallet at $28
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 08-19-11 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I remember seeing his post and liked it. I dig it. Does it just clamp over top so to speak? I just took a quick glance at the webpage.

That just might be GTG for me. Do you like it? Is it sturdy? Any downside?
    It clamps over the bolt handle and uses two o-rings to keep the outer housing snug on the bolt handle. When installed, there is a very small amount of play due to the elasticity of the o rings, but nothing that will affect its function. The kit comes with epoxy that you can use to mold a better fit or to install the lift to the handle permanently, but I'm sticking with the o-rings for now.

It definetly makes manipulating the bolt much easier than with the plain bolt handle. I'm using an EGW 20 MOA base, low EGW rings with a 3.5-10x40 Leupold Mark 4 LRT. The bolt handle has plenty of room to clear the scope, even with the lift installed.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by avmech View Post
    Used to be Arizona Precision:

http://www.phoenixcustomrifles.com/Products.html

Have two of his Varminter handles. Strong and well made, install is threaded on both ends.

That said, it permanently mods the bolt handle
    I pick my Bolt up from these guys tomorrow. Funny world we live in now, a guy from South Florida recommends a guy to me that is 6 miles from my house via M4Carbine. Thanks for the connection, I went and looked at his shop and work- excellent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I can't wait to see it. Drop the FAT wrench off to me on your way!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely not a necessity. Although the the Sniper's Hide crowd may say otherwise.
    I went with Badger on both my knobs mainly because GAP uses them and they built my custom .308 and did work on my .300WM.
    If I was going to do it again, I might look for a one-piece replacement.
    IIRC, the stock bolt knob must be cut down and threaded to install the Badger.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I really wanted to see these guys work before I sent it off, or dropped it off in my case. Their website does not do their knobs justice. Also, they can cerakote in any color you like. He did my entire handle,even though it was not critical, would have been fine even though not matched perfect. As I said, I will post pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast