Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Badger bolt handle?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Oh
    It's gonna happen mark, it's gonna happen.
    I hear that Nightforce calling.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Badger bolt knob (or any other for that matter) is a double edged sword.

It does have inherent benefits, giving more leverage, surface area to grab, more times than none extending the handle length, and it looks snipery.

The downsides are it gives more leverage on a relatively weak joint in the bolt, it exaggerates the weak spots along the handle itself, if not done right it drastically weakens the bolt.

I think the better mousetrap is a one piece bolt. It is going to be much stronger and less prone to a failure.

Now for being able to work the bolt faster, its all about repetition with what you have. If you are good with a factory 700 knob and can run it hard, by all means you will be faster than the guy who shoots 3 or 4 times a year with that sniper rifle with the bolt knob.

I have had some on guns and none on others. I shoot my long range guns enough to be comfortable with both. I think right now the Kinetic Research Group knob for the 700 is tits, its cheap, doesn't create a weak point in the handle. But a bolt knob does have its benefits and drawbacks. You have to decide what you need or want. But is it needed????? Nope. Does it help???? Yep. Can you live without one and be just as fast????? Most definitely

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deadly0311 View Post
    Can you live without one and be just as fast????? Most definitely
    I'd love to see you shoot video and prove this... when wearing winter gloves.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Considering its 100 degrees here right now I can assure you it wont be tomorrow but to keep you happy I will.......

Funny the guys are extremely slow with that itty bitty 700 knob......go elsewhere before you get proven wrong again Orkan.......

Orkan play close attention to the shooter in the foreground from about 1:00min-1:15mins.........

Feedback Score
    /snip

You know what... to hell with it. I should've know better to even start with the snipershide types.
    Last edited by orkan; 08-25-11 at 01:00. Reason: Snipershide stalker.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We were having a good laugh at this debate last night!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    This is a .304 MOA 3 shot group @ 500 yards After seeing this, I set up that bottle and smoked it on the first shot. I'd say it's consistently getting .5 MOA groups, and when I do my part I can get it under that. My best groups end up being .3 to .4 MOA.

I wondered about these rifles as well. Good to hear it shoots well. Does the muzzle stay down with those ports? It's interesting, a custom gun maker told me recently with today's Mfg processes, you would have to be bad goofy to make a gun that doesn't shoot well. Hell, you can buy a $500 rifle that guarantees sub-moa.

It seems the week link is the stocks, triggers or glass. Most barrels are kick ass.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-25-11 at 08:40.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It seems the week link is the stocks, triggers or glass. Most barrels are kick ass.
    Nope. The weak link is the shooter!
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    /snip

You know what... to hell with it. I should've know better to even start with the snipershide types.
    Again, you picked one part of my post where I clearly explain both the benefit and downfall of the bolt knob....also you must have missed the part where I said I have them on some guns and then some guns without them.....you and I have long since not gotten along, yet you chose to take a dig at me as if your bolt knob will make you a better shooter. Did you see the part where i stated that it gives you more surface area???? That means that when you have your big winter gloves on there is more to grab on to......it all comes down to getting out and practicing of which I do quite frequently, so I would gladly put my bolt running skills without a knob up against yours with a bolt knob

It has nothing to do with Snipershide or anything else.....remember as I am sure you have heard this before "its the indian not the arrow"
    Last edited by deadly0311; 08-25-11 at 22:51.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123