G&R Tactical
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Snagged a decent sized doe opening weekend, and here is her heart & liver.

5.56x45 75gr Hornady TAP T2 @ ~85yds. Bullet was caught in the hide trying to exit the opposite side. I found it, but lost it in the grass under the gut pile. Looked mostly intact.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow, beautiful vitals shot. My round clipped the tip of the heart, thankfully I was able to cut that piece off and still leave myself a nice looking heart for this today when I had lunch:

Made Boiled Deer Ticker with a whole small onion, garlic powder, a little cayenne, too much thyme, a shite-ton of pepper and salt, butter, and basil.

Turned out fantastic on it's own. I cooked it in the crock pot for 5 hours on high, when it finally boiled, I put it on low and left it overnight. It was a fantastic middle ground between a meaty bite with a liver-ish finish.

Nonetheless, I am amped to get cooking through this meat this winter.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 11-14-18 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    ...Made Boiled Deer Ticker with a whole small onion, garlic powder, a little cayenne, too much thyme, a shite-ton of pepper and salt, butter, and basil.

Turned out fantastic on it's own. I cooked it in the crock pot for 5 hours on high, when it finally boiled, I put it on low and left it overnight. It was a fantastic middle ground between a meaty bite with a liver-ish finish....
    Thanks for the recipe idea! Though I already ate the heart that night. Thin sliced and pan fried in some butter & Tabasco over my camp stove.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Thanks for the recipe idea! Though I already ate the heart that night. Thin sliced and pan fried in some butter & Tabasco over my camp stove.
    That is always my kill day dinner- sauteed deer heart.
    Psalm 34:19

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940