Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting picture thread--weak bellies beware!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pruitt0212 View Post
    Proud to say this is the first deer I ever got, even prouder to say it was with a bow. Not a bad way to start my life as a hunter. I know he isn't the biggest buck on earth, but he is going on the wall for sure.

Umm,
    first deer - check
    bow kill - check
    buck - check
    respectable size (envied by quite a few gun hunters) - check.

You have done well. Doing all three at once is an amazing feeling. BTW your first dwarfs mine(last page) and fits in on my friends wall with all his gun kills. Nice deer no matter how you slice it. What you got is a trophy, as is most game taken with a bow.

Speaking of slicing, if you havnt found out yet, they taste twice as good when you kill em yourself.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-02-12 at 23:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Umm,
    first deer - check
    bow kill - check
    buck - check
    respectable size (envied by quite a few gun hunters) - check.

You have done well. Doing all three at once is an amazing feeling. BTW your first dwarfs mine(last page) and fits in on my friends wall with all his gun kills. Nice deer no matter how you slice it. What you got is a trophy, as is most game taken with a bow.

Speaking of slicing, if you havnt found out yet, they taste twice as good when you kill em yourself.
    Thanks a ton! I thought my heart was gonna blow out of my chest when this guy walked out of the tree line. I am insanely proud that's for sure. And yeah, nothing has ever tasted as good as this guy did. I enjoyed every single bite.

Feedback Score
    what a haul! what is that 10 coyotes?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pruitt0212 View Post
    Proud to say this is the first deer I ever got, even prouder to say it was with a bow. Not a bad way to start my life as a hunter. I know he isn't the biggest buck on earth, but he is going on the wall for sure.

Congrats, that's a fantastic way to start! Heck, you could retire now and be ahead of the game.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^ Great pics!! ^^ Man, I miss duck season!!!
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post
    Congrats, that's a fantastic way to start! Heck, you could retire now and be ahead of the game.
    Thanks! Only downside to having such a great buck to start is that I will now judge every future buck based on this one!
    Ah, my friend, if you and I could only get out of this war alive and then be immortal and ageless all of our days, I would never again fight among the foremost or send you into battle where men win glory. But, as it is, death is everywhere in more shapes than we can count, and since no mortal is immune or can escape, let's go forward, either to give glory to another man, or get glory from him

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got this little guy from my tree, was sitting on the trunk head towards the ground looking at me, taken with .22 air rifle. Entrance top of the head, exited at the throat. They have become a real problem around here

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Here are a couple of my hunting pics.

Coyote - killed with .223
    Antelope - killed with bow
    Mule deer - killed with muzzle loader

Attachment 11969

Attachment 11970

Attachment 11971

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast